Date: 14.9.2017 / Article Rating: 5 / Votes: 720
Evoessay.lider-plast.com #Tuck application essays 2013

Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> Tuck application essays 2013

Tuck application essays 2013

Mar/Sun/2018 | Uncategorized

PREVIEW: How to Write the Most Effective Application Essays

A preview clip of the How to Write the Most Effective Application Essays session from the Navigating the MBA Admissions Process

Tuck School of Business 2013-2014 MBA Essays | Stacy Blackman

Tuck application essays 2013

How to buy essay cheap with no worries -
Tuck essays 2013: General Information - GMAT Club

bbc schools homework Your news when you want it. Tuck 2013! A study of the impact of homework in different countries says that the pressure of homework causes friction between children and parents. This pressure is worst in families where parents are most keen for intern essays their children to succeed at school. And the survey claims that homework causes anxiety and tuck application essays 2013, emotional exhaustion. Chavez/eastman/marshall Dissertation Fellowships Dartmouth College! As a solution, the report suggests that homework clubs, which take place after school, are a successful way of getting the benefit of homework, without risking the tuck application essays 2013 disagreements associated with homework at essay letter, home. The report from the tuck application Institute of Education in London is a review of research over 75 years, which examines the impact of homework in the United Kingdom, the United States, Europe, Australia and the Far and Middle East.

And it says that homework can become a source of tension, particularly when parents try to take too much control of essay letter format, how children are approaching their homework. For parents to make a positive contribution, the report suggests that parents should take a more supportive and less interventionist role, only helping when they are asked. Parents have the most positive influence when they offer moral support, make appropriate resources available and discuss general issues. They should only actually help with homework when their children specifically ask them to, says report author, Susan Hallam. The report backs the effectiveness of essays 2013, homework clubs, which have become popular in many schools. These provide a quiet place where children can study after formal lessons finish, with a teacher often available to help them.

Homework clubs give children the intern essays benefits of homework without the rows at tuck 2013, home. Children feel they make homework enjoyable and give them a better chance of passing exams, says the report. They may assist in raising standards for those who need extra support or who find it difficult to do homework at home. As such, they help to bridge the gap between the haves and the have-nots. Malayalam! The report also says that the impact of homework on academic achievement is relatively limited compared to essays, other factors, such as prior knowledge, ability, time on task, good attendance at school, motivation and self-confidence. People seem to thesis translation studies, forget what homework is for. Sadly kids often won't ask if they don't understand, they just want the lesson over with. Application Essays 2013! The best way for a teacher to see who is struggling is to letter format, set homework. When I was at school, you didn't get in to trouble for doing your homework but getting it wrong; far from it, the teachers offered us extra coaching at lunch and break times to essays 2013, help us catch up.

You only get in essay format spm, trouble if you are too lazy to do the work set. Tuck Application Essays! My advice to pupils is it's your education and malayalam christian essays, career that is at stake so take some responsibility. Application Essays 2013! The only time pupils have been up till midnight and wearing themselves out on homework is when they had it for two weeks and decided to do it all the night before it is due in, because they wanted to do other things in the evenings. Hello? Some of these children expected to victors essay, do homework after spending an entire day in school are as young as FOUR! These are mere children in application, all aspects of dartmouth college, development and children this young should not be receiving homework! It seems to me that the essays education system is stealing our children's childhood and very few are prepared to stand up and question this. There is no way that a four year old or come to that a nine year old needs to format spm, learn about tuck application essays adult work schedules and commitments - this is the time when they should be learning through play and college, discovery not sat at application, a table just because it may be expected of and vanquished essay, them during their adulthood. No wonder so many of today's youth leave school with little self worth or respect, they have been expected to grow up far too quickly. If it weren't so sad, some of tuck essays 2013, these comments would be funny!

I have home educated all three of my children, we average two to four hours study a day (not all that is academic), and forget it altogether if we have a lovely day and go for a walk instead. In case you're wondering my eldest is a Recruitment Officer, the middle one is at University doing a Russian Degree and the youngest one still studying from home. Home Education must be the only time homework doesn't cause stress. They've all grown up to be confident, happy productive young people who enjoy learning and translation, find satisfaction and tuck essays 2013, a sense of achievement in what they do. Spm! Joy Beasley, Halesowen, England. Tuck Essays! Come on! If nowadays kids are not able to cope with a few extra minutes of homework after school, what will happen when they have to work extra hours for intern essays work?

I think we are creating a nation of lazy and idle people. Application Essays! Children are now psychologically distressed. For God sake, let's stop that: we are creating problems that don't exist. Let's stop analysing things and start working. I've been working in an English school for a few months only and I think that now education is seen as something boring.

I have always had homework to do and never had my parents behind me to translation studies, help. What matters now for kids is to play with their brand new mobile phones. Let's react and show kids that life is not like in Coronation Street or whatever soap opera they watch every evening on TV. 2013! If children's education was handled differently there would be no need for the endless extra hours of homework, most of which is saving busy work rather than genuine study. Many home educating families will witness the fact that their children don't need to be schooled from 9am to tuck, 3pm every day in order to thesis studies, keep up with children within the school system and they certainly don't then need to sit alone for tuck essays 2013 a couple of extra hours in the evening doing more work! If these children can succeed with unqualified parents teaching them for a few hours a day, surely schooled children could do the same if the teachers were free to intern essays, teach without being slaves to paperwork and targets? No homework = Happy kids and parents. Happy kids and parents = Better home life.

Better home life = Easier to concentrate on studies. Tuck 2013! Concentrate on studies = better results. The Nature! Better results = Better jobs, plus more money. More money = Better quality of life. Better quality of life = Happiness and good health all round! Get rid of the stress, do not add to it. Life is there to be enjoyed, you get one shot at it.

Give the kids and us a break. If there is less homework, surely it would also encourage more people (i.e. single parents/full time workers/people wanting to tuck essays 2013, improve their lifestyles) to study at night school that don't have the time to study in the day, plus knowing they'll be up finishing some 50 million word dissertation by the day before yesterday! The world won't stop just because your homework wasn't done or the dog ate it or you dropped it a puddle! Remember those?! I have read all of the comments with great interest as I have two young boys of my own year one and year six. I am a full time working single mum leaving home at translation, 7am and not returning until after 7pm. Both my children receive nightly homework, which I insist must be completed to the best of their ability. Sometimes there is friction and frustration between us, it's inevitable. 2013! Whilst I agree children are under a lot of pressure, I try to christian essays, remind my boys that their standard of education is tuck vital and the effort they put in will be rewarded. It is hard work but we have to encourage our youth to do well in education, even if at the end of the day that's all they have.

Except of course for love and support. My boys can be dustmen if that makes them happy, as long as they are educated dustmen! Homework Clubs are a great idea, but are not new. Intern Essays! A colleague and I used to application essays, run one back in the early 90s after repeated children were unable to do homework because they did not have the equipment, books or help at home. As a busy mum of three young children it would benefit me and most other busy families, leaving the evenings free to enjoy each others' company and the children to pursue other activities e.g. Intern Essays! sport/ brownies/cubs etc. Liz Langley, Mons, Belgium.

As neither pupils nor teachers want homework, why not do away with it completely, but extend the tuck application essays 2013 school day by an hour or two. That way more will get taught, working parents will not have to malayalam christian essays, worry about after school care, pupils will have no homework to do and teachers will have no homework to mark. My working day ends when I get home from work, so should teachers and pupils. I went to a school which had boarding and day students. Tuck Application Essays! There was a defined time at the end of the day for homework, which all the students remained in school for. Essay! This meant the day students didn't have to tuck essays, battle it out with their parents and didn't have to take work home with them. Malayalam! It also made book sharing and group work much more easy to organise. The added bonus was that by the time we got to university we were used to settling down for a couple of hours work in the evenings.

Rachel, Edinburgh, Scotland. My cousin was a secondary school teacher for essays 2013 many years and point blank refused to intern essays, set homework for any of his pupils. Application! He didn't see the point in it. If it can't be done at school, why should it be done at all? Martin Willoughby, Stevenage, UK. The amount of translation, homework a child faces is ridiculous and one of the reasons I took my children out of essays 2013, school to thesis studies, educate them at home. These are children! They are meant to be playing after their school hours (which involves a lot more emotional learning than most adults appreciate). What happens when a child spends hours working on their homework when they don't really understand the subject: hours of work to be met by getting into trouble by the teacher the next day. So often I remember homework not being marked by the teachers, sometimes for weeks, which gave me the tuck application essays message that what I did didn't matter - I, and what I did, wasn't important.

As for 'preparing children for the adult world' in terms of hours worked, as with everything else, it should be tailored to the child's age, abilities and aptitudes - after all, that's what the Law requires. Essay! I have four children, one doing GCSEs this year, one year nine and tuck essays, twins in year seven. Intern Essays! Our philosophy is that homework is a priority on coming home from school. This has been the same throughout their school lives. All homework where possible is done immediately (even after returning from ECAs) or risk the consequences. Playstation/computer/TV and application, other activities have to wait until later or weekends.

I rarely help with homework as this does not help any child, although I am there if needed. We have plenty of family time - our meals are eaten together (no TV), we sit and essay, talk in the evening, weekends and tuck application 2013, holidays is their time with friends (one weekend a month is kept as family time). Even as a full time working mum and dad this was the same. My kids still have their jobs to do too! Plenty of malayalam christian, time. Of course homework causes stress, what kid in their right mind goes home at the end of the application school day thinking whooohaaaa! I've got homework to do. Intern Essays! The Stress comes, as the application 2013 article says, from format spm, parents forcing kids to essays, do their homework. Thesis Translation Studies! So there are three solutions, stop homework, let the kids decide whether they'll do it or not, or as seems to be the prevalence do it for them. personally I'd stop homework, in 13 years of education (primary to a levels) I've never been given a piece of tuck application, homework for any other reason than the teacher was required to provide me with homework. If the curriculum wasn't such an unholy mess perhaps homework could be avoided, because teachers would be able to teach, instead of pen-pushing.

Simon Binks, Reading, England. I was actively encouraged by my daughter's teachers to do her homework for her, particularly the letter spm projects that counted towards her marks. Application! This would ensure that the school had a 'pass' to up their standard in the league tables. Translation! Other parents have told me the same story. I admit, I did it to help my daughter.

How many other parents will be as honest? Perhaps then homework can be shown for application essays 2013 what it is; a way of improving student standards by allowing their parents to do the work. The Nature! Homework is essential for essays reinforcing the ideas thrown out in the classroom. Nobody likes doing it, but the spm one hour per 2013 subject during the essays school-day just doesn't cut it when attempting to understand subject material. I recently graduated from essays, my university with a degree in Meteorology and I can certainly attest to the tremendous stress and workload involved with all the homework assigned. However, I must say that if children can't handle the (relatively) simple stress from homework, then how can they ever hope to cope with the high expectations and stress levels expected of them when working in their intended career?

Michelle, St. Paul, Minnesota, USA. There would be big arguments if we tried to force adults into doing compulsory overtime - homework is the same. Kids have a long day as it is. Besides, a lot of essay, research actually shows that doing a lot of homework has no appreciable effect on results. Better results come from teachers who are relaxed and essays 2013, can teach instead of worrying about discipline and essay letter format, inspections. I'm 17 years old so naturally I have a part time job. I've noticed as I get old the amount of essays 2013, homework in increased, thus making less time for family time. I think it's the teacher's job to teach because they're being paid for format it. I shouldn't have to teach myself at home something because the teacher fails to do that. I wish I could spend more time with my family, especially my older sisters, but homework definitely prevents this.

I am a teacher and application 2013, a parent. I have arguments at home about my son's homework, and dissertation fellowships dartmouth college, have to sit in on tuck application essays 2013 endless detentions at school for lack of homework. We should give up on homework as a bad deal. Nobody gains from it. James Brown, Birmingham, UK. Dissertation Fellowships College! I am an English teacher in a Junior High School in Japan (12-14 year olds) and we have a homework club. It doesn't work. All it does is take up more of the teachers precious time and tuck application essays 2013, make the students do homework straight after their lessons have finished, instead of giving them a couple of hours rest so they can do it when they are ready. Children DO have to take responsibility for their actions. If you dictate everything to them then they will leave school and not know how to organise their lives.

Time management is very important in life and homework is good training. Also, there are not enough hours in the school day to cover all the necessary work in the curriculum and so an element of homework is essential, particularly from year 10 onwards. Kids need to learn that four hours school work a day bears little relationship to what is expected at college/university, let alone when they start working for a living. Too many children leaving school are ill educated and only semi-literate at best. It is far easier to learn when they are young and is time well spent.

My daughter starts school at 7.30am and is dismissed at christian, 2.45pm. By the time she gets home she is done with school. She is essays 2013 10 years old and all she wants to do is essay play with her friends. The there is the after school programmes, as sport id good for essays them. With homework we are stressing out kids way too young. If they can't learn it in school, then the letter education district isn't doing it's job. Essays 2013! Heather Stabler, Round Rock, TEXAS, UK ex pat. Surely the starting point is to ask what is the purpose of homework? Is it because parents feel cheated if their child isn't doing enough homework - parent/school communication problem? Is it to finish work not done at school? Is it to build on what is done in school - with appropriate amounts and difficulties set?

Or is it, just perhaps, to start to instil the discipline that, regardless of distractions, sometimes work just has to be done - and the nature essay, you have to plan how and when to do it. And this reinforces the point - it really is largely up to the child and the school. Parents should keep a good distance unless - as we have sometimes found - the question doesn't make sense or the child just needs to look at the problem from another perspective. Tuck Application Essays 2013! Perhaps what is essay really required is a genuine homework policy which all three parties - teachers, children and parents - all understand. When I was at school homework caused all kinds of problems between myself and my parents. Application! They were constantly on at me to do work or revise or something. I always did enough to get by and do reasonably well at the nature essay, school, but that often wasn't enough for them. Now I'm in my final year at University and tuck 2013, everything is dartmouth college going well. Homework did, without exception, cause all sorts of problems, and although I'm not against it in principle, a better system should be instigated to help children and parents who fall out over it. Homework that has been brought home by my seven year old daughter has already caused disagreements. The methodology and content is so different to what my wife and application 2013, I did at school it is hard to grasp what the school are after.

The homework is often unclear and not specific enough to exactly what the translation studies teachers are after. Is it really necessary at this young age? Can't they just enjoy being kids? Dave Clack, Bicester, England. The simple truth is that homework is of little value until a child begins to study for their GCSEs. All other homework before that is essentially preparing them for that day so that they are used to it.

The best thing a parent can do is to instil a routine for their child that they do homework at application essays 2013, the same time for the same length of time every day. Then when it becomes important they are used to applying themselves. Most homework problems in our house are generated by a school policy that declares homework to malayalam christian essays, be the parents' responsibility. To me, it is very clear and simple: if the school wish to tuck application, set homework, then they should enforce it and sanction non-compliance accordingly, not buck-pass. My role as parent is merely to chavez/eastman/marshall fellowships dartmouth, provide appropriate study facilities along with empathy, support and love. I don't mind the homework setting so much but like other views expressed, get frustrated when it is simply pointless 'colouring' for my 11 year old or comes with poor instructions as to what is required. Both my husband and I work full time and finding the time at tuck essays 2013, weekends to create the routine of 'homework time' for our eight year olds is difficult as the children are at an age when their homework has to be supervised. At times this has been a stressful 45 minutes or even an hour. Given the research view that the value of the work that they do in that time is christian essays minimal, I am questioning if this is really worth the hassle? Angela Ensten, Dunstable. I'd love to help my children with their homework, but, as a teacher, I'm too busy marking other people's children's homework to have any time for my own.

How's about that for irony? Diane Adams, Newcastle, UK. I don't think it is the 2013 homework as such - it is the amount of homework teachers expect these young adults to do. By the malayalam time they have done 2-3 hours homework had something to tuck essays, eat they are too tired to do anything else. As working parents would we be expected to do the same for thesis translation studies our employer before we can do the essential things, like running a house interacting (as it is now) with our children and have the social life we crave for? No. so why make these demands on our teenagers? I am not saying NO homework just be a little less demanding on application 2013 them. After all a good rest is half the job as we keep telling them.

A happy child will learn more than a stressed one so why do we put so much stress on them to do hours and hours of work after their normal working day. Essay Spm! On the art project front; we did a school trip when I was about 11 and had to make a model of something from the trip. Application Essays! Year on year these models were handed down. It's truly amazing how repainting the grass makes it look like a totally different Stonehenge from last years. I'm a college student and although it's typical for work to victors and vanquished essay, pile up my course has been absolutely ridiculous. I'm in application 2013, my second year doing applied science and only recently the essay spm teachers have started giving us more assignments. This has put a lot of pressure on me and application essays, my classmates, for example two of my classmates are working mothers and find it difficult to cope doing both. Intern Essays! In September-December no assignments was set for us to do and tuck application, only started in January. We have an IVA (Integrated Vocational Assignment) to do at this moment which is the saving biggest pressure for all of us, it isn't fair. Tuck Application! Yep, got to agree with you there. I'm currently studying at University, and I'll be sat at intern essays, my computer, head right in the middle of application 2013, something, when my Sister, who is doing GCSE's back home, phones up or comes on MSN, then I'm expected to drop everything to give her a hand with something that she's had for a week which is due in the next day, thus putting me off my train of fellowships dartmouth, thought, if Tony wants a life line, he'll kill off Homework, or if the Tory's want a decent landslide victory, they'll promise to do it, and by thunder they will, save our souls, sanity, and various other aspects from the dreaded homework beast.

Craig Jackson, Lancaster, Lancashire, England. I try to help my daughters with their homework in application essays, a constructive way. With my younger child (14) I will type out her essays etc on the computer whilst she dictates them to me. Intern Essays! I don't change what she says, I just type it out 2013 verbatim and leave her to do spelling and grammar checks and put the punctuation in when it's finished. Saving Essay! With my older daughter (17) I help by discussing her work with her. Apart from Chemistry, she's doing A levels in subjects I understand so we have long involved conversations about Shakespeare and Tudor history etc which she says really helps her get her ideas straight when she's putting an essay together. I help both girls as much as I can but I won't do the application essays 2013 actual work for them - that's not helping as they wouldn't be learning anything if they didn't do the thinking and dissertation fellowships dartmouth, the research themselves. Poppy Hasted, London, England.

Ellie, London, UK - Isn't the fact that a four and a half year old even has HOMEWORK a damming indictment of the government's (and parent's) target obsessed (or perhaps jumping through hoops would be better) education system fixated on league tables and performance without actually considering what we are doing to children (or should that be pre-adults?). I cannot see the point of homework until secondary school, and even then only substantial levels at essays, 14 onwards. And Vanquished Essay! This was the kind of homework regime I went through (and I'm not old, just under 30) and I consider that I was a more rounded, intelligent, person at 16 than the general level of tuck application, 16 year olds being produced these days. Good teachers are the letter key - not homework. My child's school sets regular spellings and tuck essays 2013, times tables each week and also encourages them to read regularly, but there is no pressure heaped on them. They then have an optional homework menu each term which has creative ideas for essay letter spm science, geography, IT, music, PE, Art and application essays 2013, DT projects that they can do at home. Thesis Translation Studies! At the end of each term they have a celebration day when children can bring in any optional homework they have done during the term. They are generally really interesting things that children want to do and enjoy doing, and many don't need much, if any, input from parents. When the 'I'm bored, what can I do?' cry is heard, the homework menu provides plenty of ready-made ideas that will keep a child constructively occupied.

The head teacher of our local high school promotes a very unrealistic homework timetable for year 11 students where she expects students to work three hours after school and more at weekends. Tuck Application 2013! This time table makes many students guilty and despondent because they cannot possibly work so many hours. I have mentored students that her demands are very unrealistic, and that an hour and a half of high quality work will stand them in good stead. Sarah cotter, Woodridge, Suffolk. I think it is a problem of pointless homework. I always hated being given time wasting work that had no value, just because the teachers had to malayalam christian, give us something.

Kids work enough during the day, that until their courses require coursework, homework should be abolished. Tuck Essays! It's making me laugh all these comments about homework and all the stress, and intern essays, even more laughable when people say there should be no homework, as when I was at tuck application essays 2013, school I coped, sometimes it was stressful but that is the malayalam point, school is not meant to tuck application 2013, be easy! And by the way I only left school two years ago in case anyone was wondering! Imagine, expecting children to do homework at home. Surely the best way to resolve the saving essay problem would be to application essays 2013, extend the school day by two hours and let the teachers supervise homework that is set. I fact if the chavez/eastman/marshall fellowships children bring washing equipment, a sleeping bag and a bit of application essays, food perhaps the teachers can look after them all week. This would not only mean the christian essays parents not having to take any responsibility for their child's education, but you could also clearly call the teacher to account when the child does not achieve the required standards by the end of the year. No more nagging teachers because essential homework has not been done be it reading and spelling at one end, or GCSE coursework at the other. What a solution. Cookery was always the worst, I regularly had to tuck application essays, go and specially buy the ingredients (often late at night). The instructions always indicated that these items could be found in any kitchen, not in mine they couldn't!

Peter Armitage, Cardiff, Wales. Thesis Translation Studies! Homework does cause tension at home, not only from parent to children but also between adults if both have different methods or answers to the questions set. Also when the homework does go in we don't seem to get any feedback to check it. The clubs are a good idea but does anybody think that the tuck essays teachers want to spend their time running them when they're so overworked already. Richard Vickers, Nottingham, England. Tensions arises in our house when my daughter's two job-share teachers want different homework handed in at thesis studies, different times. Try and get her to essays, do homework on essay letter format a Wednesday night when it is a different teacher on Thursday, and essays 2013, equally doing the other teacher's homework on malayalam essays a Friday or Sunday. Doesn't make for good homework routine. Mo Angus, Aberdeen, Scotland. Tuck Application! British kids have the longest school hours in Europe and I think it is inappropriate to expect them to do homework as well.

No wonder kids are getting fatter and less fit - they haven't got the time to play! Anna Hayward, Cambridgeshire. I lived in a small house with five younger brothers and paper thin walls. Trying to do my homework was nigh on malayalam impossible in those circumstances and essays, rows and tears would often result. A homework club would have made life much easier and malayalam christian, would have put those children from essays, working class homes on more of an equal footing with their middle class counterparts. Malayalam Christian! The only tuck time homework causes a problem in our house is when it's either unclear what needs to be done or badly planned.

We had one instance in November where science homework was given on a Monday, to be handed in on Friday - the work was to create a sundial and mark the malayalam christian essays position of the shadow morning, noon and afternoon. The morning was fine, but since our son was at application 2013, school during the day he obviously couldn't mark the noon position and by the time he got home it was dark in the evening so there was no light to cast a shadow! Madness. The Nature! Other homework has been very vague in the requirements meaning that correct answers were marked as wrong purely because they weren't presented in the way the teacher was expecting. Lee Furness, Blyth (Northumberland) Not so much a source of tension for us, because I do take a hands-off approach most of the time and hope that the doing or not doing of homework is a life lesson itself.

However, I do find, that when asked to help, I can't be of much assistance as I can rarely understand the context in essays, which the homework was set. Homework clubs sound like a much better idea and thesis, would leave us to spend our precious little time in family pursuits. This article is so true. My brother is application essays 2013 always in fight with my mom about his homework.

Buy Essay Online Cheap -
Dartmouth Tuck 2013 MBA Application Questions, Deadlines, Tips

Robert Kohen: Personalized Tutoring. The ACT recently changed the format of the optional essay, debuting the new essay on the September 2015 exam. From September on, all essay prompts will require you to not only respond to tuck essays a specific question, but to also read and address three unique perspectives on the question. While the new essay format is admittedly more complex than the earlier version, it’s still very predictable and you can do very well on it with the right preparation. Christian Essays? For advice on how to approach the essay, check out application 2013 my post How To Write the victors, New ACT Essay . Unfortunately, the ACT has only tuck application, released a meager two sample prompts for you to preview. The first one is available on the ACT’s website here . The second is included in the most recent practice ACT the dissertation dartmouth college, test makers have released, available as a PDF here . In order to do your best on the essay, you’ll want to make sure you practice with more than just two essay question prompts. Here are ten additional new ACT sample essay question prompts I’ve written to help you prepare. You’ll have 40 minutes to complete each essay. Accelerating Globalization (Sample Essay Prompt 1)

Only a few hundred years ago, communication between countries on tuck 2013 opposite ends of the globe was painstakingly slow or non-existent. Christian? Most people knew little about distant lands, peoples and cultures. What they thought they knew was frequently erroneous or ill conceived. Within the past hundred years, however, the tuck, pace of globalization has accelerated rapidly. Today travel across the globe in less than 24 hours is a real possibility for many people.

Individuals and nations can instantly communicate with one another across great distances. Intern Essays? For better or worse, the world has become more connected than was ever imaginable before, and it continues to become more connected every day. Has globalization made the world a better or a worse place? Read and carefully consider these perspectives. Each suggests a particular way of thinking about the effects of globalization.

Globalization, despite its lustrous promises, has created more problems than it has solved. It has allowed rich countries to get richer at essays the expense of dartmouth, poorer countries, and it has increased, not decreased, the number of armed conflicts in application 2013, the world. The world is undoubtedly a better place today because of thesis, globalization. It has allowed critical resources to be distributed to the governments and tuck application, people that need them the intern essays, most. While I celebrate the productive exchange of cultures globalization has facilitated, I worry about how globalization is homogenizing those cultures.

Take languages—do we really want to live in a world where one day everyone only speaks only one global language? Write a unified, coherent essay in which you evaluate multiple perspectives on the impact of globalization on the world. In your essay, be sure to: analyze and evaluate the perspectives given state and tuck application essays 2013, develop your own perspective on victors and vanquished essay the issue explain the relationship between your perspective and those given. Your perspective may be in full agreement with any of the others, in partial agreement, or wholly different. Whatever the case, support your ideas with logical reasoning and essays 2013, detailed, persuasive examples. Technology and Everyday Life (Sample Essay Prompt 2) Technology has radically changed the way we interact with the world. Not long ago, individuals who wanted to get in touch had to do so either by meeting in person or sending messages through postal mail. In order to thesis translation perform most types of research, people were forced to visit physical libraries, bookstores or archives.

Over the past two decades, technology has rendered many of these time-consuming tasks obsolete. Tuck Application? Messages can be sent anywhere in the world via email in only a matter of malayalam, seconds. All sorts of information is available with the essays 2013, click of a smart phone button. People can not only call individuals anytime, but they can also access their geolocation on victors and vanquished demand. It seems like everyone is on his or her smart phone every waking minute.

Has this increase in the power and reach of essays, technology bettered out lives? Read and essay letter, carefully consider these perspectives. Essays 2013? Each suggests a particular way of thinking about the presence of technology in our lives. Today’s technology has greatly bettered our lives. Individuals are more connected to the information and people they want to connect with, and the result is smarter, happier and more fulfilled human beings. Technology promises to “connect” us with one another. But look around and you’ll see how disconnected it’s made us—individuals no longer interact with one another because they’ve become so consumed by their phones and devices. Technology may have made the world a better place for those who have access to it, but its prohibitive costs have made it inaccessible, and consequently unhelpful, to too many people. Write a unified, coherent essay in which you evaluate multiple perspectives on the impact of technology on letter our lives. In your essay, be sure to: analyze and evaluate the perspectives given state and develop your own perspective on the issue explain the relationship between your perspective and those given. Your perspective may be in tuck 2013, full agreement with any of the others, in partial agreement, or wholly different.

Whatever the case, support your ideas with logical reasoning and detailed, persuasive examples. College Sports (Sample Essay Prompt 3) College sports have become incredibly popular in the United States. Big games air on the most coveted TV channels at the most coveted times. Teams are followed not only by essay letter, loyal students and alumni but also by diverse fans from across the application 2013, country. Major athletic programs bring millions of dollars to university coffers. Star coaches can often earn more than university presidents, making them the highest paid employees on campus.

Full scholarships are awarded to star athletes because of their athletic prowess rather than their academic record. In some instances, athletes are even given fake grades to help them stay on the team. Given all of this, should colleges continue to support their sports teams? Read and carefully consider these perspectives. Each suggests a particular way of victors and vanquished, thinking about the role of athletics at colleges.

Colleges should strongly support their sports teams. These teams not only generate millions of dollars for schools, but they also help sell prospective students on tuck application essays 2013 attending the college. Sports have no official place in college. Colleges are institutions created for learning, not for athletics. College sports compromise academic standards and disadvantage students who don’t participate. While college sports play a valuable role on university campuses, it is important for administrators to not lose perspective. That some football coaches earn more than university presidents, for example, is malayalam christian essays, clearly wrong. Write a unified, coherent essay in which you evaluate multiple perspectives on college support for sports teams. In your essay, be sure to: analyze and tuck essays 2013, evaluate the perspectives given state and develop your own perspective on the issue explain the relationship between your perspective and those given. Your perspective may be in full agreement with any of the others, in partial agreement, or wholly different. Whatever the case, support your ideas with logical reasoning and and vanquished essay, detailed, persuasive examples.

College Curricula (Sample Essay Prompt 4) For years, American colleges have emphasized the liberal arts over tuck application 2013, more narrow technical and professional training. College students have been required to study a broad range of academic disciplines, such as literature, philosophy, history and mathematics. Today, however, a growing number of colleges and students have rejected the liberal arts in favor of what some consider to be more practical subjects, such as accounting, finance and nutrition. Studies? Global economic hardship has led many to question the essays 2013, value of thesis translation, a liberal arts education that, in their eyes, fails to adequately prepare students for the realities they will face after graduation. Is it important for tuck 2013, colleges to promote the study of the liberal arts, or should they emphasize professional and and vanquished essay, technical training in its place? Read and carefully consider these perspectives. Each suggests a particular way of thinking about college curricula. The liberal arts are essential to a quality education because they teach students how to think critically about a broad range of topics, thus preparing them to tuck essays 2013 tackle any issue that might arise in the workplace. It is time to bury the liberal arts model at our colleges.

Reading Shakespeare and studying pure mathematics will not help anyone be successful in any sort of business. Colleges should closely integrate the saving the nature, liberal arts with professional studies, as each can benefit from the other. Tuck Essays? Business courses, for example, are enriched by the philosophical study of ethics. Write a unified, coherent essay in which you evaluate multiple perspectives on the relative importance of the liberal arts and professional studies. In your essay, be sure to: analyze and saving the nature, evaluate the perspectives given state and develop your own perspective on the issue explain the relationship between your perspective and those given. Your perspective may be in tuck application essays 2013, full agreement with any of the others, in partial agreement, or wholly different. Whatever the case, support your ideas with logical reasoning and detailed, persuasive examples. Arts Funding (Sample Essay Prompt 5) Government funding for the arts is commonplace in many countries today.

In the United States, the government funds writers, musicians and visual artists through a variety of initiatives. Critics of thesis, this type of essays 2013, funding argue that the government has no place in the arts. Why should taxpayers, the majority of whom have no interest in the works being supported by such funding, be forced to pay for those works? Others, however, argue that government funding for the arts is critical to thesis translation studies the wellness of application essays, our society. Given the dismal financial prospects in christian essays, the arts, many artists would be unable to support themselves without the type of funding that the government provides. Should the government continue to fund the arts?

Read and carefully consider these perspectives. Essays 2013? Each suggests a particular way of thinking about the government funding for the arts. The government has no place in the arts because the government is not qualified to judge which projects should receive funding and thesis studies, which should not. Without financial support from the government, many great works of art would never be created. Government funding is thus essential. The free marketplace, not the tuck essays 2013, government, is the best source of arts funding. If an artist can’t get any money, the reason is simple—her work is not very good! Write a unified, coherent essay in victors essay, which you evaluate multiple perspectives on government funding of the tuck 2013, arts. In your essay, be sure to: analyze and intern essays, evaluate the perspectives given state and develop your own perspective on the issue explain the essays, relationship between your perspective and those given. Your perspective may be in full agreement with any of the others, in partial agreement, or wholly different. Whatever the case, support your ideas with logical reasoning and detailed, persuasive examples.

Corporate Responsibility (Sample Essay Prompt 6) Large corporations make up some of the wealthiest entities in the world today. Some see these corporations as engines of malayalam, economic development and progress, bringing better products at better prices to a wider range of people every day. Others, however, criticize corporations for their shortcomings when it comes to tuck social responsibility: failing to assist the less fortunate in intern essays, our society, including their workers, while focusing too narrowly on profits at the expense of social welfare. Should corporations do more than simply aim to improve their profit margins? Is it important for essays 2013, large corporations to set aside profits from time to time in saving essay, order to donate to charities and to help the essays 2013, needy? Read and carefully consider these perspectives. Each suggests a particular way of thinking about corporate responsibility. Corporations have only one responsibility: to essay make the tuck application 2013, greatest profit they possibly can. It is only by doing so that they can benefit their workers, shareholders, and society. Profits often get in the way of doing the right thing.

Large corporations should focus less on profits and more on developing meaningful ways of helping the disadvantaged. It is important that corporations adhere to any and all laws that pertain to them. Intern Essays? Beyond this, however, they are free to do as they please. Write a unified, coherent essay in which you evaluate multiple perspectives on corporate responsibility. Application Essays 2013? In your essay, be sure to: analyze and evaluate the perspectives given state and develop your own perspective on the issue explain the relationship between your perspective and those given. Your perspective may be in malayalam christian, full agreement with any of the tuck 2013, others, in intern essays, partial agreement, or wholly different. Whatever the case, support your ideas with logical reasoning and tuck application 2013, detailed, persuasive examples.

The Federal Government (Sample Essay Prompt 7) The United States government is made up of various national, state and local governing bodies. Certain responsibilities, like the building of interstate roadways, are looked after by the national, or federal, government, whereas more local issues are often overseen by local government bodies like state legislatures or city councils. Many argue that states and cities in the United States wield too much power, power that they believe should belong in the hands of the federal government. Others contend that the federal government is saving, too large and tuck application 2013, is unresponsive to the particular needs of states and the nature essay, cities; they would like to see local government overtake many of the responsibilities now delegated to the federal government. Should the federal government or local governing bodies have more power? Read and carefully consider these perspectives. Application Essays? Each suggests a particular way of thinking about the role of the federal government. States and cities are ill-equipped to handle most of their own governing. Thesis Translation? The federal government can do not only a better job of governing them, but a faster and application essays 2013, cheaper one. The federal government is too big to adequately address the needs of individual states and cities.

States and saving the nature essay, cities know what is best for them, not the federal government. Local government fails only when it lacks the backing of the federal government. The federal government should provide logistical and financial support to states and cities in order to application essays enable them to govern themselves effectively. Write a unified, coherent essay in which you evaluate multiple perspectives on the relative roles of local and federal government. In your essay, be sure to: analyze and evaluate the perspectives given state and develop your own perspective on the issue explain the relationship between your perspective and those given. Your perspective may be in thesis, full agreement with any of the others, in partial agreement, or wholly different. Whatever the case, support your ideas with logical reasoning and detailed, persuasive examples. Religious Liberty (Sample Essay Prompt 8) The relationship between religious liberty and individual rights has often been a problematic one throughout American history. Today, for example, many businesses feel compelled to refuse service to homosexuals because of the 2013, religious beliefs of the business owners. Some argue that this refusal of service constitutes unlawful discrimination.

Public school boards are often uncertain which religious holidays to add to the academic calendar. Should a Christian student, for instance, have to studies miss school because of a Jewish holiday? How should the state balance the need to respect religious liberty with need to preserve the rights of all members of society? Read and tuck application 2013, carefully consider these perspectives. Each suggests a particular way of intern essays, thinking about religious liberty and individual rights. The state must accommodate all religions to the fullest extent possible. This means school days off for all major religious holidays and protecting the right of business owners to refuse service based on religious beliefs.

The government has no special obligation to protect religious liberties when they interfere with the freedoms and well-being of the public at large. Government should seek, to the greatest extent possible, ways to essays 2013 accommodate both religious liberty and individual rights when the two find themselves in conflict. Write a unified, coherent essay in which you evaluate multiple perspectives on the state and religious liberty. In your essay, be sure to: analyze and evaluate the intern essays, perspectives given state and develop your own perspective on the issue explain the relationship between your perspective and those given. Your perspective may be in full agreement with any of the others, in partial agreement, or wholly different. Whatever the case, support your ideas with logical reasoning and detailed, persuasive examples. Solving Society’s Problems (Sample Prompt 9) The world today faces a wide range of challenges. Tuck Application 2013? Despite the great economic and scientific progress mankind has made, many in the world are still struggling to saving the nature survive.

Even in developed nations, individuals and communities face problems like poverty, disease and violence. Individuals and private organizations have done much to help alleviate many of application 2013, these problems. Government have also played a role in addressing issues like poverty and public health. In your opinion, who has a bigger role to play in solving today’s problems: governments or individuals? Read and intern essays, carefully consider these perspectives. Application 2013? Each suggests a particular way of thinking about the role of government and individuals in thesis translation, solving today’s problems. Individuals could not possibly hope to solve problems as large as the ones we face today.

Only large governments with sizable resources can help. Governments are, by nature, composed of individuals working as a team. Tuck? Governments can solve major problems because they harness the power of malayalam, individuals. The best solutions to society’s problems always come from application, individuals, not governments. Governments lack the saving essay, creativity and drive necessary to tackle major problems successfully. Write a unified, coherent essay in tuck application 2013, which you evaluate multiple perspectives on malayalam christian the role of 2013, individuals and governments as problem solvers.

In your essay, be sure to: analyze and evaluate the perspectives given state and intern essays, develop your own perspective on the issue explain the tuck application essays 2013, relationship between your perspective and those given. Your perspective may be in full agreement with any of the others, in partial agreement, or wholly different. Whatever the case, support your ideas with logical reasoning and and vanquished, detailed, persuasive examples. Avoiding Armed Conflicts (Sample Prompt 10) Armed conflicts between nations have always been and tuck application essays, remain, unfortunately, a constant fact of life.

How politicians and governments seek to avoid of these conflicts, however, varies greatly. Many leaders and political thinkers insist on the importance of chavez/eastman/marshall dissertation fellowships dartmouth college, demonstrating military might in order to reduce the likelihood of such conflicts. Others argue that flexing military muscle is basically inviting armed conflict, and that the best way nations can avoid conflicts is simply by keeping an tuck application 2013 open line of communication with one another. When forced to choose between a strong showing of military might and diplomatic efforts, which should nations choose in order to avoid armed conflicts? Read and carefully consider these perspectives. Saving The Nature? Each suggests a particular way of thinking about how military might and diplomatic efforts can prevent armed conflicts. Without a strong showing of military might, a nation will lead its enemies to believe that it is weak and vulnerable to attack.

The result is, inevitably, such an attack. International conflicts can quickly escalate into full-blown armed conflicts unless the nations involved talk to one another and learn to tuck settle their differences through words rather than bombs. Demonstrating military might is always a better way to prevent armed conflict than diplomacy, because whereas military might is a deterrent to conflict, diplomacy rarely succeeds in resolving international disagreements. Write a unified, coherent essay in thesis translation studies, which you evaluate multiple perspectives on the respective roles of diplomacy and military might. In your essay, be sure to: analyze and evaluate the perspectives given state and develop your own perspective on tuck application essays 2013 the issue explain the relationship between your perspective and those given. Your perspective may be in full agreement with any of the others, in partial agreement, or wholly different.

Whatever the thesis, case, support your ideas with logical reasoning and detailed, persuasive examples.

Custom Essay Order -
Tuck essays 2013: General Information - GMAT Club

The Authenticity of the Written Torah. In this essay, we present the refutation to those who claim that the tuck essays Five Books of Moses were not actually transmitted to the Jewish People by Moses, or that the handwritten scribal text of the Torah scroll has been altered since the time of Moses, G-d forbid. By the Director of www.asknoah.org and a Noahide friend. © 20’14 by Ask Noah International. Updated May 8, 20’14. Our goal is to thesis translation studies, open people’s eyes to the truth of the Torah, and to give rest to tormented and searching souls who have not known this until now. With this knowledge, all intellectually honest people will be drawn to tuck, Torah because it is TRUE, ancient and unchanging, and and vanquished, timeless in its Divine messages for tuck 2013 both Gentiles and Jews. It is now time for people to learn the historical reasons for the unsuperseded Torah of translation, Moses. There are two ways to approach this explanation. One way is to assess the handwritten scribal text of the Torah scroll as it has remained unchanged since Biblical times, and to trace this exact text back to Moses. The other way is to describe the Written Torah that Moses gave over, and to show that it has been precisely transmitted throughout the tuck essays ages.

The conclusive point is the same when considered from both of these directions. 2. How Moses Received Oral Torah and Written Torah from G-d. Let us begin with a description of the original situation to thesis, which we refer. The following is from the “ Introduction to the Mishneh Torah ,” by Moses Maimonides, or “Rambam,” 1135 – 1204 C. E. (our free translations from Rambam’s Mishneh Torah closely follow the translations in the volumes published by Moznaim Publishing Corporation): “All the commandments that G-d gave to Moses at Sinai were given together with their explanations, as it is said [Exodus 24:12], ‘And I will give you the tablets of stone [upon which the Ten Commandments were engraved by G-d] and the Torah and 2013, the mitzvah .’ ‘The Torah’ refers to the Written Torah; ‘the mitzvah ‘ refers to its explanation. Dissertation Dartmouth? G-d commanded us [the Jewish People] to fulfill ‘the Torah’ according to the instructions of ‘the mitzvah .’ And this ‘ mitzvah ‘ is called the Oral Torah. The entire Torah [the Five Books of Moses] was handwritten [as a complete scroll] by Moses our teacher before he died. He gave a scroll of the essays 2013 Torah to each of the translation Tribes of the Jewish People, and he placed one Torah scroll in 2013 the Holy Ark as a testimonial, as it is said [Deuteronomy 31:26]: ‘Take this Torah scroll and place it [beside the Ark of the Covenant of The L-rd your G-d], and it shall be there as a testimonial.’ And ‘the mitzvah ,’ which is the explanation of the chavez/eastman/marshall college Torah, he did not write down, but he commanded it to the elders, to Joshua, and to the rest of the Jewish People, as it is said [Deuteronomy 13:1]: ‘Be careful to observe everything I command to you.’ For this reason, it is called the tuck application 2013 Oral Torah.” It is important to clarify a misunderstanding that many people have about this foundational core of the Oral Torah that G-d gave through Moses at Mount Sinai. It is is not a post-Sinai interpretation of or commentary on the Written Torah.

Rather, it preceded the thesis studies completion of the Five Books of Torah that Moses wrote down at tuck, the end of his life. When the Jewish People stood at Mount Sinai 3326 years ago, G-d openly revealed Himself on one day to the entire nation (on the sixth day of the month of intern essays, Sivan, in the year 2448 of the Hebrew calendar), and He spoke to them the Ten Commandments. This unique event had many millions of eye witnesses: over 600,000 Jewish men aged 20 and older, all the younger Jewish males, all the Jewish females, and tuck, the vast number of chavez/eastman/marshall dissertation fellowships, Egyptians (insincere converts – the Erev Rav ) who followed these more than 3 million Jews out of Egypt. Immediately following this open Divine revelation to millions of people, Moses ascended to the top of Mount Sinai, and then he entered into the cloud of G-d’s glory and ascended into the heavenly realm (the “mountain of G-d”) [Exodus 24:15-18]. There he spent a first period of 40 days and 2013, nights learning from “the mouth” (i.e. the spoken words) of the Al-mighty about details of the hundreds of Jewish commandments, and about the renewal of the Seven Noahide commandments with their details. After he descended and quickly dealt with the transgression of the gold calf which some of the format spm people had committed, he immediately returned to application essays, the top of Mount Sinai for essay another 40 days and nights to pray for forgiveness for tuck application essays the Jewish People, whom G-d had threatened to obliterate (G-d forbid!) on account of the making and worshiping of the saving the nature golden calf. After these prayers were accepted at the end of this period and G-d was reconciled with the people, Moses descended to hew the essays 2013 second set of tablets, and then ascended again for another 40 days and nights. During this last period, G-d taught Moses the details of the Torah laws – the halachot , along with midrash and aggadot (homiletic teachings, parables, stories, maxims, non-literal expositions, etc). Moses then descended for the final time on saving the nature essay, the day that Jews are commanded to observe as Yom Kippur (their Day of application essays, Atonement). For the next 40 years that the Jews spent in the wilderness, Moses taught these details to the Jewish People orally, on a nearly daily basis during their periods of encampment. How was this done?

As stated in the Talmud (Tractate Eruvin , p. 54b), Moses had learned the details of the commandments from “the mouth” of the Al-mighty while he had ascended to Heaven from Mt. Sinai. For the remainder of his lifetime which was spent leading the Jews during their journeys through the wilderness, on the days when Moses taught the people it was according to the following procedure: “Moses went into the Tent, and Aaron [1] went in with him. Moses then stated to him a single time the mitzvah he had received and taught him its explanation, (following which) Aaron moved to the right of Moses. Then, Elazar and letter, Itamar, Aaron’s sons, entered and Moses told them what he had told Aaron, and then they stepped back. One sat to the left of Moses, and tuck application 2013, the other on the right of Aaron.

Then the seventy Elders arrived, and Moses taught Aaron and saving the nature essay, his sons. Following this came the masses of people and every one seeking G-d, and Moses placed before them the mitzvah , until all had heard it from his mouth. The result is that Aaron heard that precept from the mouth of Moses four times, his sons three times, the Elders twice, and the remainder of the tuck 2013 people once. Moses then left, and Aaron repeated the the nature explanation of that mitzvah which he had learned, having heard it from the mouth of Moses four times, to all those present. Aaron then left, after his sons had heard the precept four times (three times from Moses, and once from Aharon). After Aaron had departed, Elazar and Itamar repeated and taught that mitzvah to all the people present, and then ceased their teaching. Thus we find that the seventy Elders heard the precept four times: twice from Moses, once from Aaron, and once from Elazar and Itamar. The Elders themselves then repeated and expounded the mitzvah to the people one time.

As a result, we find that the entire congregation heard the precept in question four times [during the daily lesson]: once from Moses, once from Aaron, a third time from his sons, and the fourth time from the Elders. [The greatest student of all was Joshua, about whom it says, ‘His attendant Joshua bin Nun, a young man, would not depart from within the Tent.’ (Ex. 33:11)] After this, all the people went to teach one another what they had heard from Moses and to write that mitzvah on [their own personal] scrolls. The leaders would roam through the Israelites to (insure that the people) learned and applied themselves until they would know [the established version of] that mitzvah and were fluent in reading it. They would then teach the explanations of that G-d-given precept. That explanation would include all aspects, and they would write the precept and tuck application 2013, learn by heart the Oral Law.” [2]

Now we all know the claim that has been advanced for the past 2000 years or so, by individuals and groups who wished to deny the intern essays Oral Torah, that in its origin the Oral Law was a fiction of the first-century C. E. (Common Era) Pharisees to tuck essays, justify their own “minority” positions, and that it was only due to historical accidents that Pharisaic Judaism became normative Rabbinic Judaism after the loss of the Second Temple. What is the origin of this awesome lie? In Rambam’s Mishneh Torah published by Moznaim, vol. 3, Hilchot Avodat Kochavim (Laws of the Worship of Stars [and Idols]), the translator explains in a footnote how this came about: “In his commentary on intern essays, Tractate Avot [Ethics of the Fathers] 1:3, Rambam writes that Tzadok (a High Priest who became the first Sadducee) and tuck application essays 2013, Baithos were students of [the leading Sage] Antigonus of Socho. When they heard their teacher declare, ‘Do not serve the studies Master [G-d] for the sake of receiving a reward,’ they were upset, since they thought that he was implying that no reward would be given for the performance of mitzvot [Torah commandments]. They spoke about the matter between themselves and decided to essays, reject the christian essays Torah. They began splinter groups which rejected the core of Jewish practice and coveted material wealth [and political influence].

They found that they could not convince the majority of the people to reject the Torah entirely, so they adopted a different tactic. They claimed that they were true to ‘Torah,’ but that the only Torah that was Divine was the Written Law, [and that] the Oral Law was merely a human invention. This claim was only a ruse [as it remains today!] to sway people from the tuck 2013 performance of the intern essays mitzvot . Accordingly, the Sages would frequently refer to all those who deny the Torah and its tradition as Sadduccees (‘followers of Tzadok’) or Baithosees (‘followers of Baithos’).” It wasn’t until 40 years after the revelation of G-d at tuck application essays 2013, Mount Sinai to the entire Jewish People, that just prior to Moses’ death and the Jewish People entering the Land of Israel, that the complete Written Torah (consisting of thesis, its narratives and the source verses for the commandments) was given to application essays 2013, the Jewish People. Intern Essays? At that time, the original thirteen Torah scrolls were written by tuck Moses and distributed to the Tribes and to the Mishkan (the traveling Temple, or “Tabernacle”). How did Moses receive the Written Torah? It was dictated to him by G-d, letter by letter and word by word (exactly 304,805 letters in all). Malayalam Essays? Furthermore, G-d showed to Moses the Written Torah as it was existing since before the creation, 2000 Heavenly levels beyond this world, written by G-d “with black fire upon application essays 2013 white fire, sealed with fire, and swathed with bands of fire” ( Zohar 3, Parshat Naso p. 132a).

Note: after the Israelites reached Mount Sinai, in the few days before the Ten Commandments were spoken by G-d, the Book of Genesis, and the Book of Exodus up that point, were written down in a scroll by Moses. And Vanquished? At that point he read it the assembled Israelite nation, and they sealed a covenant upon it with G-d. See “Timeline” on our web page Locate Sources. How did G-d in his Infinite Wisdom ensure that the tuck Written Torah would never be changed? G-d included in the Torah a commandment that every adult Jewish male must personally acquire and study his own Torah scroll. From the time that Moses gave over one Torah scroll to and vanquished, each Tribe, the trained scribes among the people made Torah scrolls for every Jewish man by exactly copying from one of the tuck scrolls that Moses wrote. Each Jewish man in and vanquished the next generation either inherited the scroll that belonged to his father, or commissioned a new scroll to be copied from an existing scroll. How did the tuck essays 2013 Jewish children learn Torah?

They learned by memorizing both the Written Torah and translation studies, its explanation in the Oral Torah. The Talmud explains the system of learning (Tractate Chagigah p. 9b): “Who is one who is not serving G-d [since he is learning only according to tuck application, the accepted norm]? Someone who reviews his lesson 100 times. Who is one who serves G-d? One who reviews his lesson 101 times.”

In this way, the essay Written and tuck application 2013, Oral was faithfully transmitted throughout the entire Jewish People by making meticulous scribal copies of their Torah scrolls and teaching the Oral Torah by chavez/eastman/marshall dissertation college rote memorization. Any scroll that was found to contain a mistake, or any person who forgot or misinterpreted a detail of the correct explanation, would quickly be corrected. Furthermore, Moses himself instituted that throughout the application 2013 communities of the Jewish People wherever they might be, there would be public readings from intern essays Torah scrolls on every Saturday morning (during the Jewish Sabbath), and on the first day of each month in the Hebrew calendar, and on every Jewish holy day (the Biblical festivals). In this system, the reading of the entire Five Books of Moses was completed with the Sabbath readings on a three-year cycle. (Ezra the tuck application essays 2013 Scribe instituted additional public readings from dissertation fellowships dartmouth Torah scrolls every Monday, Thursday, and Saturday afternoon. A one-year cycle of readings on the Sabbath was adapted after synagogues became the centers of Jewish communal worship.) Furthermore, G-d included in the Torah scroll narratives of the tuck events that happened to saving the nature, the entire Jewish nation during their enslavement in Egypt and their 40 years in the wilderness.

After the death of Moses, for the generation of Jews which then acquired the application essays Holy Land of Israel, each family in the entire nation owned one or more identical Torah scrolls which contained a national record of the events which those same people had personally experienced, and which were recounted to each subsequent generation. When the armies of the Babylon empire conquered the Holy Land, first the people of the northern Tribes of chavez/eastman/marshall dissertation, Israel were exiled, and as punishment for their sins, those Tribes were temporarily lost (until they will be gathered back to the Holy Land when the true Messiah comes, speedily in tuck essays our days). Then the First Temple was destroyed, and essay, most of the people of the remaining Tribes were taken captive to tuck application, Babylon. Without the Temple in Jerusalem, the main place of worship was moved to intern essays, the local synagogues. With the essays shortage of scribes, it became accepted that the men in each congregation would fulfill the commandment to own a Torah scroll by becoming joint owners of the several Torah scrolls that were located in each synagogue. Now let us explain why the ultimate form of G-d’s Word is the Torah Scroll. It is not a machine-printed typeset book such as most modern people are familiar with.

Rather, it is malayalam, a hand-copied parchment scroll that is written according to incredibly strict rules. These rules for copying Torah scrolls are not written in tuck application the Torah scroll, but are rather included in the Oral Torah. What greater refutation of the deniers could exist? Thus one who claims that there is no certain Divine Tradition outside of what is written explicitly in the Torah, Prophets and Hagiographa [the written Hebrew Bible], is coming to claim that these millienia-old rules do not exist (G-d forbid!), which implies that anyone could write or produce a “Torah” of thesis studies, any kind and it would be valid! Ironically, such a reliance on the text alone, since it does not include the rules for writing and reading the Torah, would have destroyed the tuck unchanging, uniform text and appearance of the Torah Scroll as it has existed throughout the ages. It is actually the thousands of rules included in christian the Oral Torah for the writing a Torah Scroll that assure that every “kosher” Torah Scroll is an exact duplicate of the 13 Scrolls written by Moses, each of which was itself an earthly duplicate of the application 2013 Great Heavenly Scroll written by G-d in letters of “black fire upon a scroll of saving, white fire.” Without these rules, all we would have today at application essays, best would be a Torah of letter, plain letters alone, without the scribal crowns, spaces, different sizes and shapes, etc. which define the “kosher” letters and words in the Torah Scroll which have always been and still remain universally identical among all Jews everywhere in the world. [3] (The fact that Protestantism began only after the invention of the printing press explains in application essays 2013 part their seeming belief in a self-interpreting Hebrew Bible text, since they have no historical memory of when the Hebrew Bible had to be written by hand, and taught, according to the details that are dictated by the Oral Torah.) In particular, and of extreme importance, the text of the and vanquished Torah scroll that was dictated to Moses by G-d was commanded to be written down in consonant letters only, with no vowels or punctuation. The vowels and punctuation, which are 100% necessary for meaningful words and sentences to essays, exist, were preserved as part of the Oral Torah and not the Written Torah. This rule was also applied to the additional 19 Books of the christian Hebrew Bible from subsequent Jewish Prophets (the complete Hebrew Bible is tuck application 2013, arranged in intern essays a total of 24 Books). Application Essays? The machine-printed Hebrew Bibles we buy today have a system of dots to represent the vowels as well as the punctuation marks, but those written symbols are a more recent innovation [4].

In fact, the sentences of written text of the malayalam Hebrew Bible from tuck Moses and the later prophets do not have a normal type of punctuation. Rather, the essay spm verses are to be sung/chanted according to the chant that was taught by Moses for the Torah scroll and essays, the later Prophets for the books they wrote. The fixed punctuation is provided by the fixed rhythm of the chant (called the cantillation), and the “puncuation” marks are the “notes and rests” in the tune. The source for essay letter format spm these is not found in the Torah scrolls, but rather they were passed down in the Authoritative Oral Tradition, without which the written Hebrew text of the scroll would be nearly useless to us, G-d forbid, as illustrated in this comparison photograph: More recent religions, which debunk the idea of an Oral Torah from Sinai, advertise that they are founded upon the written “Old Testament” which they admit to, but which only exists as words and sentences as a result of the very Oral Torah which THEY deny! Beyond this, the only required leap from common understanding is to realize that the Torah of application, Moses which continues to reside with us today explicitly communicates two parallel paths to fulfill G-d’s will: the Seven Noahide Commandments for chavez/eastman/marshall dissertation fellowships Gentiles and the 613 Jewish Commandments for Jews.

[1] Of great interest is the “ Cohen gene” which has been passed down from Aaron, the tuck application first Jewish High Priest and the brother of Moses, through males of the dartmouth college Jewish priestly family [ Cohanim or Kohanim ]. From Jewish Action magazine, Winter ’99: “The finding of a common set of genetic markers in both Ashkenazic and Sephardic Cohanim [Jewish father-to-son descendants of Aaron] worldwide clearly indicates an essays, origin pre-dating the saving the nature essay separate development of the two communities around 1000 CE. Date calculation based on the variation of the mutations among Cohanim today yields a time frame of 106 generations from the ancestral founder of the line, some 3,300 years, the approximate time of the [Israelite nation’s] exodus from Egypt, the lifetime of Aaron the [first] Cohen .” [2] Note that all of the Jewish men at the time of tuck essays 2013, Mount Sinai were literate in essay reading and writing Hebrew. A common argument relates to the assumed history of the style of essays 2013, Hebrew script in Torah scrolls – Ivri script (Ancient Hebrew) vs. Ashuri script (in universal use today).

This whole issue is explained and malayalam christian, resolved in the Appendix of the book “The Wisdom of the Hebrew Alphabet,” published by Artscroll. To the extent that this is important for the present essay, we refer to application 2013, and excerpt from that reference. The explanation is summarized as follows. “Ashuri,” the holy Torah-scroll script, is essay, from the Hebrew word “ asher ” that denotes the concepts of: wealth, joy, fortune, exaltedness. Tuck Application Essays 2013? This was the holy script that G-d inscribed on the Tablets of the Ten Commandments, that Moses saw in the Heavenly scroll of intern essays, “black fire on 2013, white fire,” and that Moses wrote in the Torah scroll that placed by the Tablets in the Holy Ark. The common Hebrew script for daily use at that time was Ivri, or “(Ancient) Hebrew” script. Moses wrote 12 additional Torah scrolls for the use of each of the Twelve Tribes, from which Torah scrolls would be copied for thesis translation studies each Jewish man for his daily study, in Ivri script. There is a one-to-one correspondence between the 22 letters in tuck essays the two script types. Over the generations, the Ivri script was in general daily use, and only the intern essays special spiritual leaders continued to tuck application essays 2013, pass down the tradition of the form of the Ashuri script that was on chavez/eastman/marshall dartmouth, the scroll and tablets in the Temple’s Holy of Holies. The appendix in the Artscroll book goes on to explain that as many of the Jewish People fell into idol worship toward the tuck essays 2013 end of the First Temple period, because of their low spiritual level the Ashuri script was forgotten by all but the most holy people.

This continued into the Babylonian exile, until the event of the “Handwriting on the Wall” described in the Book of Daniel. The miraculous handwriting was in Ashuri script, which almost nobody knew how to read! They had to intern essays, bring in the Prophet Daniel, who was one of the very few remaining prophets to whom the tradition of the Ashuri script had been passed down. The Jewish spiritual leaders then realized that the application 2013 Ashuri script was in danger of being totally forgotten. So the saving the nature essay leader Ezra decreed that it should be used from then on in every holy Hebrew scroll, so it would be known universally and preserved during the years of spiritual darkness until the tuck essays coming of the Final Redemption.

[4] The fixed cantillation notes (called the chavez/eastman/marshall fellowships college trop in Hebrew) for the verses of the tuck application essays 2013 Five Books of Moses were received by Moses from G-d as part of the victors and vanquished essay Oral Torah. These notes for chanting the verses define the punctuation of the verses, and neither the notes nor the punctuation are written into the Torah scroll. Amazingly, these notes take precedence over the grammar for the words of the application 2013 Written Torah itself. For example, when the feminine form of a word fits better with the intern essays cantillation of the tuck 2013 verse than the expected masculine form, the gender of the intern essays written Hebrew word switches from tuck masculine to feminine. This proves that the Oral Torah (at least this aspect) was given to Moses along with the Written Torah.

Write My Research Paper -
Tuck School of Business | Tuck s Essay Questions for 2014 - 2015

Amy Tan's Story Mother Tongue Essay. A good portion of Americans today speak English as their first language. However, what makes us different is that it is rare to tuck 2013, find two people that speak the exact same English. This is the argument Amy Tan makes in her story “Mother Tongue”. A first-generation Asian American, Tan emigrated from and vanquished essay China to Oakland, California, where she became a famous writer. She shares her personal story of the English she speaks, and how much the application 2013, people you are around can change the intern essays, way you converse. While at home, she speaks to her mother in a “broken” sort of choppy English that she can understand. Application? When she is intern essays, talking to people she works with or deals with on a more business-oriented basis, she uses clearly show more content along with it. Tan’s informative writing leads readers to application essays, the conclusion that they shouldn’t be too quick to judge when coming into contact with someone who struggles with English; there is no exception for discrimination anytime for any reason. Tan makes the statement on essay format page 65 that “my mother has long realized the limitations of her English as well,” and although this seems as if it is good that she understands there are limits, this could be viewed as negative. The author’s mother is settling with Spicy Tongues: Mother Tongue by Amy Tan Essay.

Tan’s mom reads a lot of tuck application, different material “all kinds of things I can’t begin to thesis translation studies, understand.” Her mother may not be able to speak English very well, but she does understand the tuck application essays 2013, language and reads it daily. The diction Amy Tan presented expresses her personal opinions, while her tales demonstrate that at one point she was perplexed with her mother’s English. At one point she was embarrassed of her mother’s English, but as she grew older it was not that big of a deal and learned from this by writing Essay on Mother Tongue, by intern essays Amy Tan. what I set out to essays, do and translation studies, that was to application essays 2013, rid the qualm from skeptics’ minds. Slowly I have become more comfortable incorporating two opposing forces in my life, just as Tan did with her writing styles. As person living with the gift of dual language, Tan’s essay allowed some insight into my own life. She argued that a person’s limitation on thesis language does not reflect their perspective on society or events of the application essays 2013, world. The limitation is more of malayalam, a token than a deficiency, people having these language issues Analysis of Mother Tongue by Amy Tan: DRAFT Essay. although Tans mothers english might be limited, but in her opinion it does not strike her as being wrong as so many would think; she clearly states this when she says Some say they understand none of it, as if she were speaking pure Chinese. But to me, my mothers English is perfectly clear, perfectly natural. Moreover She uses personification again to emphasize the application, variation of English she speaks when she says the intersection of saving, memory upon imagination. Towards the fifth paragraph Amy uses many Mother and Daughter Relationships Exposed in Amy Tan's The Joy Luck Club. some ways, too, these monologues could each stand alone as a story in itself, in tuck application fact, Amy Tan has said that she never intended The Joy Luck Club to be a novel, (Souris 99).

However, they are connected through their relationships with one another, just as the mothers and daughters are separate people, yet connected to one another. In The Joy Luck Club, there are seven true voices, with one of the the nature essay, daughters speaking for her dead mother. Tuck Application Essays 2013? This is reminiscent of both Faulkner's previously mentioned Now, she thinks all languages she uses including her mother’s tongue should be used in her writing. She decided to chavez/eastman/marshall dissertation fellowships dartmouth, “[seek] to 2013, preserve the essence”, her mother’s “intent, her passion, her imagery, the rhythms of her speech and the nature of her thoughts” in her essay. (p.3-4) The most powerful rhetorical strategy of her essay is personal anecdote. Her personal anecdotes not only translation, support her argument but also appeal to pathos. Her essay can be seen as a just collection of anecdotes, but she Perhaps, my mothers English will not be impeccable, but I admire her everything else she has excelled in.

Therefore, I am not ashamed of my mother English because she embraces it in a way that is suitable and convenient to her. It is tuck application, very difficult to speak only intern essays, one form of English when your audience varies from time to time. We have different ways when approaching family, friends, and professors, which depicts our commitment to application essays 2013, diversity. If we all spoke the same way toward everyone it would Concession in essays Amy Tan's Joy Luck Club Essay. Strongest wind cannot be seen. (497) With regard to tuck application, the conflict, the enigmatic wording of Waverly's mother may be rephrased as follows: You mustn't rudely ask for thesis, something because I will reprimand your rudeness by keeping it away from you.

Apart from being a lesson in social etiquette, her mother's ideology assumes greater meaning in the larger context of application essays 2013, wins and losses. Waverly hopes to win salted plums by announcing her desire for them Amy Tan's Two Kinds and Julius Lester's Spear Essays. certain life style that society has set for us. For example; traditionally, girls wear pink and dissertation fellowships dartmouth college, play with dolls, while boys wear blue and play with cars/trucks. In Amy Tan’s “Two Kinds”, Jing-Mei describes her childhood, which was full of pain and resentment linked to having never become the prodigy that her mother desired her to be. Her mother was certain that her daughter can become a phenomenon if she just tried putting some effort into it. Jing-Mei eagerly complied in the beginning, trying to find novel, the mystery of the application, mother-daughter relationship is victors, revealed to the reader by various means. First, such a strong connection can only be the product of an essential, timeless, emotion called love: She loved you very much, more than her own life (Tan 29).

Unfortunately, in application essays Chinese culture, mothers rarely say I love you and find little to saving essay, no time at all to tuck application essays, provide for their daughter's emotional needs. Such attitudes occasionally lead the thesis studies, children to sense that My mother did not treat me this

Order Your Own Writing Help Now -
Tuck School of Business 2013-2014 MBA Essays | Stacy Blackman

Create your free Business Plan now. Make an investment-worthy business plan easily with our free template. Select a Industry Fill in essays 2013, the Form. Complete your Business Plan. Print and the nature Download For Free. Business Plans: Writing Guides, Downloadable Templates, and Samples. Updated February 15, 2017 by Legal Templates.

1. Free Business Plan Template Download. Are you an entrepreneur looking to download a free business plan? If so, you have come to the right place. Legal Templates is happy to provide you with a hassle-free document downloads. Click the buttons below to download (1) a blank document, and tuck application 2013 (2) a document that is filled in for intern essays, you to reference. Related Business Documents: Click to View.

What’s included in the blank template: In the first download, you will find documents with all of the tuck 2013, chapters, section titles, and section subtitles that you will need to successfully complete your plan. Our first plan contains the 8 chapters of translation a basic business plan including: Chapter 1: Executive Summary: The executive summary provides investors with a general layout of your company. This chapter is essentially your hook to application essays, convince potential financiers that your model is worthy of their investment. Chapter 2: Company and intern essays Financing: In this chapter, the goal is to tuck essays, outline the legal and operational structure of malayalam christian your company, financing requirements, the history behind the tuck essays, company, mission statement and the management team. If you are forming a corporation, be sure to include your Articles of Incorporation here. Chapter 3: Products and Services: This section describes what products and/or services your business will sell (now and in the future), and how you will build, assemble and intern essays deliver them. It also offers a comparison of your company and your direct and indirect competitors. Tuck Essays 2013? Chapter 4: Customers and Market Analysis: The customers and malayalam christian essays market analysis page indicates your target customer segments, what needs you are filling for them , and the latest trends among these consumers in terms of growth and behavior. Chapter 5: Marketing and Sales: The marketing and sales chapter allows you to tuck application essays 2013, describe how you will sell your product/service.

Particularly what are your company’s strategies for positioning, pricing, promotion and distribution. Malayalam Essays? Chapter 6: Strategy and application essays 2013 Implementation: This chapter will give you an opportunity to set the chavez/eastman/marshall dissertation college, key milestones that help establish a timeline of progress towards your goals. Additionally, it includes subsections like SWOT analysis, competitive edge, and essays 2013 strategic alliances. Chapters 7 + 8: Financial Plan, Sales Forecast, Financial Statements: In the final two chapters, entrepreneurs must define and calculate the financial variables that will go into the creation/expansion of your idea, including its expenses, your anticipated sales forecast, personnel plan, cash flow assumptions, and more. If you are purchasing an existing company, you should also include the business purchase agreement in your plan. What’s included in the template with sample text: In the second download, we give you a completed ice cream shop plan to reference. Chavez/eastman/marshall College? Each section gives an example of application what you should write. Our guide also includes example graphs and charts, so that you are aware of the types of saving the nature essay financial calculations, plans, and forecasts that a plan should offer to attract investment. For guidance on what you should include in your plan, and why, please reference our How to 2013, Write a Business Plan set of thesis articles below. Downloading this small business plan comes at no cost, so feel free to start your download and get started.

However, you should be aware that there are some pros and cons to using free business templates, rather than using professional software or an application 2013 experienced writer. Writing a business plan is a prerequisite to your company’s success. A solid plan is necessary to help found your company and ensure that your goals remain on chavez/eastman/marshall fellowships dartmouth track over time. Your plan can and application 2013 will change as you encounter the unpredictable variables that come with starting your own company. If you have an existing company, crafting a solid plan is equally important if you’re hoping to attract investment and victors expand your company beyond the limits you’ve already reached. Your business strategy should account for the next 3-5 years in advance, and cover every aspect of application 2013 your industry, including the critical relation between marketing and sales to saving, your company’s finances.

Your plan should include the following sections before you submit it to investors. Click each accordion to tuck essays, read a how-to guide for each chapter: “How to Write a Business Plan” Table of Contents: How to fellowships college, Write the Executive Summary. The executive summary contains all of the essays, essential information about what makes your business strong and worthy of investment . It covers the victors essay, major highlights of the rest of your plan’s chapters. The goal is to briefly tell your reader what your company will do, where you want to take it, and why your business idea will be successful. If you are seeking financing, the executive summary is your first opportunity to grab a potential investor’s interest. The executive summary will be the first chapter of your business plan, though it’s actually the tuck application 2013, last section that you should write . First, you’ll need to do heavy research to ensure that your plan is sound before you can write the executive summary. This section will be different depending on if you are an established business or a new startup. A startup company’s executive summary will need to be interesting and convincing to chavez/eastman/marshall, capture the attention of investors. Your company will lack the historical data and tuck 2013 trends that existing companies are able to provide, but there are strategies to mitigate these factors. First, you’ll need to intern essays, briefly explain who you are, the background of your management team, and your reasoning behind starting a business in your chosen niche.

Secondly, you’ll need to demonstrate that you’ve done quality research that supports how you’ve conceptualized your business. Investors know that talk is cheap – do you have the data and analysis to back up your claims? Even in a standard plan, the executive summary for an existing business has no set template, although there are several suggested guidelines that you can find around the web. We suggest the tuck essays, following basic template – feel free to victors, add or subtract sections according to your own needs: Summary Management Team Products and Services Customers Marketing and Sales Financial Forecast Financing Requirements (optional) Describe the application 2013, purpose of the plan (e.g.; to essay letter spm, raise a specific amount of debt financing to expand a store location) as well an tuck essays overview of the saving the nature essay, company (name, location, company type, products sold, founder(s) and founding date). Describe the 2013, key milestones or objectives that you want to achieve with this business (these are the tangible results in which you use to prove success of the venture). This statement should be concise and to the point. Summarize the letter format, members of the management team, including highlights of their expertise and experience . Describe how each member contributes to the success of the organization. Keep this section brief, as you will go into more detail in application 2013, the Products and Services section. Products and Services.

Describe the products and services you are providing and who the competitors are within the industry . Keep this section brief, as you will go into more detail in the Products and dissertation dartmouth Services section. Describe whom your customer groups are and whom your key customers are , as well as how you will market to them. Keep this section brief, as you will go into more detail in essays, the Market section. Describe briefly how you will market your product or service. Summarize the translation, major points in the Marketing and Sales chapter, which may include market positioning, pricing, promotion, and distribution. Summarize the tuck 2013, most important points from the Financial Plan section here.

This should include your sales forecasts and projected expenses as well as the logic behind the projections. If you are a new company, describe when you expect to turn a profit . If you are an existing company, highlight past financial performance. 7. Financing Requirements (Optional) Summarize the amount of equity and/or debt financing that you are seeking, when you need it, the use of the funds, and when you expect to reach your next milestone event and/or start paying back the loan. Keep this at an overview level , as you will go into more detail later on in other chapters. Note: This is a complex question that you cannot answer until you complete your plan, so it is highly recommended you work your way through the entire writing process first . In particular, complete the financial planning process before attacking this section. Essay? Only then will you be able to identify the amount of money you will need to raise. With these sections fleshed out, you’ve finished your executive summary. How to Write the Company and Financing Chapter.

The company and finance section of your plan is important, because introducing the management team is critical for both start-ups and established companies alike. Investors will use this information to gauge the future likelihood of success. Company and tuck essays Financing Sections. Company Overview Management Team Required Funds (optional) Exit Strategy (optional) Mission Statement (optional) Company History (optional) Location and Facilities (optional) There are many variations and approaches on how to thesis translation studies, lay out the various components of application 2013 a business plan. Our approach for chavez/eastman/marshall dissertation, the company overview section is to provide the reader with the company’s legal information, address and a brief description of the company’s history.

Since there are follow up sections in this chapter that over go the company’s location and history in more detail, you will want to application essays, keep this short (2-3 sentences). A BRIEF PRIMER ON COMPANY TYPES. The optimal company type is best determined by a credible Attorney. The primer below is intern essays meant only to explain the broad differences between the most common company types. A sole proprietorship, according to tuck essays 2013, the IRS: “A sole proprietor is someone who owns an malayalam christian unincorporated business by him or herself.” While the application essays, most simple to set up and the most common, there is a significant drawback: you will be personally liable for any obligations. Essay? So for example, if you sell someone a cupcake and they sue you because they found a hair in it, and you lose in court, the creditors can legally go after your personal possessions – such as the roof over your head.

A partnership, according to the IRS: “A partnership is the relationship existing between two or more persons who join to tuck application 2013, carry on a trade or business. Saving The Nature? Each person contributes money, property, labor or skill, and essays 2013 expects to share in the profits and dissertation losses of the company.” A partnership has certain advantages compared to tuck 2013, a LLC, such as not needing to file formation documents when setting up a partnership, and not needing to file dissolution documents if dissolving the partnership. However, similar to sole proprietorships, partners in a partnership have unlimited liability for the company’s debts and liabilities. Limited Liability Partnerships (LLPs)

LLPs are different from intern essays traditional partnerships in that there are two classes of partners: (1) General partners that have full management and control but also full personal liability and (2) Limited partners that have no personal liability beyond their investment in the partnership interest. Limited partners are often times “silent partners” that wish to tuck application, invest in dissertation fellowships, the venture but limit their exposure to liability. A corporation is a separate legal entity owned by shareholders. A corporation is tuck 2013 commonplace for format, businesses that anticipate seeking venture capital financing. The downside to essays, a corporation is the problem of “double taxation” since the corporation’s profits is taxed at the corporate level, and then any dividends distributed to shareholders are then taxed again at the personal level. You can elect a special tax status with the IRS to thesis translation, have your corporation not be taxed at the corporate level (instead, it would be taxed as a pass-through entity). Some of the drawbacks include not being able to have more than 100 shareholders , and not being able to have non-US citizens/residents.

A popular choice among many small businesses , a LLC limits the member’s personal liability and only taxes profits at the individual level (acts as a pass-through entity). Describe the type of company you plan to essays, open, along with the registered name you plan to use. Explain your rationale – for victors essay, example, if you are starting a company where you plan on seeking venture capital financing, then you will want to start a C-Corporation as majority of VCs will insist on this legal structure. If you have a home office/no dedicated business address. Include your current office setup and your future office plans once your company expands, if applicable. For start-ups, and essays 2013 especially those seeking financing, the chavez/eastman/marshall college, Management Team section is tuck essays especially critical. With the letter spm, lack of history, there is little investors can go by to gauge the future success of a venture. The question lenders and investors will ask: Why should we trust your team with our money? You must demonstrate your team’s ability to execute on essays the stated goals. To accomplish this, you should highlight: Background of intern essays each member of the management team (education, relevant work experience, etc.) Roles and responsibilities within the essays, company.

Tip: Don’t include details about members of the Management Team that are not relevant to the reader. Everything presented should reinforce why your team is the chavez/eastman/marshall dissertation dartmouth, right team to execute on the company’s vision. If you have an established business the information you want to present is the same. Keep in mind, however, that you also want to demonstrate that your team has the capability to application essays, manage growth of the company. As a company grows from start-up to established business, the management team must also change. They must be able to manage employees, institute standardized systems, and translation studies ensure the application, business’s ability to scale operations while keeping profitability stable. If you already have a Board of Directors and/or Advisory Board, list these individuals and translation a brief description. In a publically trading company the 2013, Board of malayalam Directors is elected by the shareholders and is the highest authority in 2013, the management of the company. Intern Essays? For our purposes (context of a private company that is most likely a startup or small but growing business), a Board of application essays 2013 Directors is christian essays comprised of essays 2013 investor(s), founder(s), CEO and independent board member(s) who have substantial business and industry experience. A Board of christian Director’s typical responsibility is to set broad policies for tuck application essays 2013, the company, determine compensation for company management, and approve annual budgets.

An advisory board is a group of business leaders that can help guide your company and provides it with assistance when needed. Choose individuals with knowledge in your industry and are willing to malayalam, play a role in your company . While some advisors are compensated, it comes down to a case-by-case basis, frequently depending on how much time the member is committed to your company. Tips on building your Advisory Board: Choose a well-respected and well-known individual as the first member of your Advisory Board. This will help you to recruit other members of the Board. Choose individuals that have strengths and relationships your business will need.

As your business evolves, so will the members of your Advisory Board. Feel free to shake up the line up over time. In this section you will tell the reader how much money you need to raise, what you are going to use it for, and how you got to the requested amount. Important note: This is a complex question that you cannot answer until you complete your plan, so it is application highly recommended you work your way through the entire writing process and in particular, complete the dissertation dartmouth college, financial planning process. Tuck Application? Only then will you be able to essays, identify the amount of application money you will need to raise. There are two primary financing options: equity and debt. The primary difference between equity and debt financing is that debt financing is essentially a loan that is backed by thesis studies your assets or via a personal guarantee.

If your company is already in existence and has trading history, then you may also secure a loan off of application essays your receivables. In contrast, equity financing is essays essentially you exchanging a stake in application 2013, your company for a specific sum of money from an investor . Fellowships Dartmouth College? Therefore, the amount you are able to raise from investors comes down to 2013, how much they value your company. There are three fundamental questions every savvy investor will ask you: Cool idea, how do you make money with it? How much money do you need, and why and malayalam christian when? What do you think your company is worth? If you are seeking financing (regardless of its equity or debt), that most likely means that your financial model shows your company taking a loss in the initial stages, followed by tuck application break-even and subsequent profitability. The money you are seeking to raise will simply allow you to have enough cash to cover the initial period where you will be taking a loss so that you can eventually make a profit. This is a simplification; you may be raising money to malayalam christian, further grow your company, which may already be profitable.

Or you might use the financing to get your product to the next stage in its product development lifecycle (i.e.; milestone event). But the general concept is the same; the tuck essays, investment you are seeking bolsters your company’s cash position , allowing it to grow revenue and/or profitability. Cool idea, how do you make money with it? / How much money do you need, and why and malayalam when? The financial statements provide the tuck application 2013, answer to the first two questions (which is thesis studies why we recommend you complete your plan first). To answer how much money you need, analyze the tuck application, cash flow statement to determine the cumulative cash flow.

The lowest point on this curve will tell you what your maximum financing needs are , and at what point in time. What do you think your company is worth? The third question is much harder to answer, especially for a new company. Format Spm? At the end of the tuck, day it really comes down to what an investor thinks your company is worth (which is more art than science). However, there are three popular methods of intern essays valuing a company that can help you come up with a valuation to facilitate the negotiation. Cost approach (asset based approach) The cost approach seeks to determine a company’s value by analyzing the market value of its assets. In other words, in this approach the company is worth the sum of tuck application all its assets if they were to be liquidated . This approach may be appropriate for some industries such as real estate where the asset value may actually be worth more than the going concern value (present value of future cash flows generated by intern essays the asset). However, for essays, many companies the value of its branding and reputation, along with its ability to and vanquished essay, generate profits, will exceed the value of application 2013 its assets. The market approach seeks to determine a company’s value by essay letter format spm analyzing recent sales of similar assets, with the theory that valuations of similar companies can serve as a good proxy. This is a common approach in the real estate industry.

The income approach seeks to determine a company’s value by using its expected profit over time and then placing a value on that future stream of income in tuck 2013, today’s terms . Since there is inherent uncertainty with a future stream of income, there are numerous ways to studies, discount that expected income to account for risk. Now you have all the pieces to complete the equation. You have the amount of money you need by looking at essays 2013, cumulative cash flow. You also have an malayalam christian essays idea of how much money your company will be worth. Equation to determine how much equity you should offer: Equity to offer = Company Valuation / Money needed.

If raising debt, you are not exchanging equity for tuck application, cash. Instead, you should focus on the loan’s interest rate and payment schedule. Make sure you will be turning a profit that is both large enough and intern essays soon enough to application 2013, ensure there is no delinquency on servicing the loan. For equity financing, answer the victors and vanquished essay, following: Investment amount needed When you need it How much time it will buy you / When you expect to turn a profit or get to the next milestone event % of equity offered and at what company valuation (you may wish to keep exact figures vague in order to further negotiate) Exit strategy. For debt financing, answer the tuck application essays 2013, following: Loan amount needed When you need it When you will be able to pay back the translation, loan The amount and tuck frequency of loan payments. In addition to the information above, you should also summarize how you plan to use the victors, funds. The level of detail should be at a high level ; if the investor or lender wants to see expenses in more detail that will be available in the Appendix within the Profit/Loss statement. Construction of tuck 2013 new kitchen:

Kitchen remodeling, March 1, 2014, $25,000 Kitchen hardware, April 1, 2014, $50,000 Total Loan Amount: $75,000. If based on saving essay your financial model you anticipate relatively small yet variable expenses month to month, a line of credit may be a good choice. With a line of credit you draw upon it when you require the funds and pay interest immediately on tuck essays 2013 the money as it is thesis translation borrowed. It works very similarly to a credit card in tuck essays, that you typically have a pre-set limit to how much you can borrow, the major exception that since you may be able to secure the line of credit with assets, you may be able to get better terms. In the victors and vanquished essay, Quick Start Guide we briefly went over the different strategies available and how thinking about your company’s eventual exit will help shape your business model. It’s recommended you review the Quick Start guide and tuck practice that exercise. Depending on essay your company, there are various exit strategies available, including:

Selling your business Passing it down through the family Taking the application essays 2013, company public (IPO) Liquidation. If you are seeking equity financing, then your investors will pay close attention to dissertation fellowships dartmouth college, this section. Angel investors and VCs demand a large return on their investment since they are taking a large risk by investing into application essays 2013, your company. Therefore, you need to include detailed information on malayalam christian essays how you intend to sell the company or take it public. Demonstrating a large market opportunity. If investors are going to take a big risk, they demand a big return. You need to demonstrate your business has the potential to either take substantial market share from an incumbent competitor, or create a new market. Investors like to be in hot, growing industries such as biotechnology, mobile e-commerce and healthcare.

These are all industries that have huge upside growth potential and ones that investors are more inclined to invest in. Solving a larger company’s problem. If your exit strategy is to tuck application essays 2013, sell your company to spm, a larger company, then identify how your company’s product solves that larger company’s stated problems and/or goals. For example, Apple’s mapping software is 2013 playing catch-up to Google Maps. If your company can help Apple improve its software, your company would become an attractive acquisition target. The mission statement reflects the and vanquished, core purpose and vision of the company. It’s a statement your employees and customers can get behind. Some tips on writing a well-crafted mission statement: Keep it short. Tuck Application Essays 2013? 1-2 sentences max.

Don’t use “fluff” words. Make the statement mean something. A mission statement, if done well, should encapsulate both what the company does (what it sells) as well as the culture/vision/purpose. Examples of and vanquished Fortune 500 firms that really get it right: A. BRISTOL-MYERS SQUIBB COMPANY (PHARMACEUTICALS) Mission Statement: “To discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases.” Why it’s great: The keywords “discover, develop and deliver” demonstrate the company’s capability to in delivering an end-to-end solution. By using the words “innovate” and “prevail over serious diseases” it serves as a rallying call for their thousands of employees that what they are doing is (1) cutting edge and tuck application (2) has a higher purpose then themselves.

Mission statement: “ We will be the easiest pharmacy retailer for customers to translation studies, use.” Why it’s great: In one short sentence, the company has managed to application 2013, (1) describe what it sells (2) how it will win in the marketplace. It is a pharmacy retailer and chavez/eastman/marshall dissertation fellowships college it will solely focus on making itself easier for application 2013, the customer to use (that could mean so many things, such as innovating online to fulfill prescriptions to improved customer service within their stores). Example of poorly written mission statements. A. FORTUNE 500 FOOD AND BEVERAGE COMPANY. Mission statement: “ The Company’s primary objective is to maximize long-term stockholder value, while adhering to malayalam, the laws of the jurisdictions in which it operates and at all times observing the highest ethical standards.” Why it’s horrible: It does not serve as a rallying call for employees, suppliers, or partners. Its objectives are obvious (what company does not want to maximize value) and borderline absurd (are there companies that do not want to essays 2013, adhere to local and federal laws)? Lastly, it does not mention what the company actually does.

B. FORTUNE 500 VEHICLE PARTS SUPPLIER. Mission Statement: “ We are committed to attracting, developing, and keeping a diverse work force that reflects the nature of our global business.” Why its horrible: While a diverse workforce is certainly not a bad thing, only stating that as the translation, company’s mission statement is application essays ineffective, lacks direction or focus, and completely misses the point of having a mission statement. This is predominately for businesses that have previous trading history, but can also be used by new companies that want to highlight relevant history on how the letter format spm, company came to existence, work completed to date, milestones achieved, etc. Some information you may want to include: Start date First location First product/service Significant milestones/events.

Reminder: keep in mind that there is no set rule as to the level of detail you want to include. This is dictated by the relevancy of the information to the reader and how this information helps strengthen your plan’s ability to tuck application 2013, build credibility for your company. Every company is made of letter milestones. Milestones for a business are achievements that demonstrate the business is on the right track. They are best when quantifiable and measureable. For example, achieving a working prototype of your product, or getting to tuck application essays 2013, break-even, are both huge milestones that showcase your ability to chavez/eastman/marshall dissertation college, execute and tuck application reduces subsequent risk of your company. Key concept: The more uncertainty that you can take off from the table, the better valuation you can get for your business. For businesses that have a retail or manufacturing component, this is an studies important section of your plan. Information you may want to essays, include: Size (e.g.; in sq. ft.) Location/Address Other notable facts, such as equipment at the facility. Location is important for a large number of retail businesses, whether you are a restaurant or purveyor of consumer products.

If possible, provide statistics about the retail location you have chosen or are planning to choose. Saving? Describe the lease terms you are able to secure, and application essays 2013 if there are any laws that protect the lessee from unreasonable price increases. You can read a detailed article about dissertation fellowships what to look for in a lease agreement here. Provide detailed information on the manufacturing facilities. For example, your operation may require a reliable source of electricity and water. Describe how the facility provides the business with these resources.

If the tuck application 2013, facility is pre-existing equipment or structures that can be leveraged, make mention of that. Location can be an important aspect of your business even if you are not in malayalam, retail or manufacturing. For example, you might want to open your software company in Silicon Valley as that provides a competitive advantage from an employee recruitment and fundraising perspective. If you operate out of a home office. Describe your future expansion plans, including expected date of expansion. Upon completing these sections, you will then be finished with the company and financing section of your business plan. Writing the Products and Services Chapter. The products and services chapter of your business plan should be written clearly and tuck essays 2013 descriptively, to help give investors a comprehensive understanding of the bread and butter of your business.

Your products and services section should include the following sections. Products and chavez/eastman/marshall fellowships Services Chapter Sections. Products and Services Competitors Sourcing and Fulfillment (optional) Technology (optional) Intellectual Property (optional) Future Products and Services (optional) Your products and services are the lifeblood of your business – it’s what your customers need, and if you get this right, everything else will follow . Commonly referred to as “product lift”, which essentially means getting the secret sauce working. It means that customers want to buy your product/service, and you are filling a need that was previously not satisfied. Thinking in terms of benefits vs. Application Essays 2013? features. What is the consumer really buying? For example, a person buying a Rolex watch is not only buying a device to thesis, tell time, but the prestige and status that comes with a luxury product.

Think about what end benefit your product/service delivers. Of course, the functional aspects of your product/service are also important. Depending on what you are going to sell, think through the features it will provide, packaging, design, branding, quality, and other aspects that help position and/or differentiate it from competing products/services. You may have heard the tuck, business adage that acquiring a new customer is indefinitely more expensive then keeping an existing customer. Thesis Translation Studies? One of the reasons this is true is the potential to sell additional add-ons, upgrades and substitute products/services to existing customers . Think about how you can drive incremental revenue. Whether it’s via subscriptions, repeat business, or annual contracts, you may be providing products/services that generate a recurring revenue stream. This is a good thing, because (1) your revenue can be more predictable and stable (2) you are maximizing earning potential . Tuck Application? Think how you can generate recurring revenue, which is expressed with a metric called Lifetime Value per thesis translation studies, customer. You will complete the tuck application 2013, price you want to set your products/services in the Financial Plan chapter, and we also have a section for you to describe your pricing strategy; however it is advisable to start thinking about how you want to price your products/services. Competitive analysis is an extremely useful tool and one that should be revisited often as the competitive landscape changes over time. It starts with competitive analysis. Background (location, history, ownership) Financials (revenue, profitability) Products (product line, services, patents, licenses) Marketing (channels used and budget, pricing, alliances/affiliates) Personnel (headcount, notable executives, compensation, job openings) Market share Strengths, Weaknesses.

Tips on how to format spm, perform competitive analysis. The Internet makes this much easier then in days past. Some ideas: Google search using keywords that your customers would use to find you Look up industry association websites Look up directories such as Yahoo or Crunchbase Use Indeed.com to tuck application 2013, find your competitor’s job openings Competitor’s websites Find your competitor’s management team members on LinkedIn. Not only do you have to worry about current competitors you can see, but you have to be vigilant and be on the lookout for and vanquished essay, new entrants. For example, a company that already sells to your customer base may see your industry as a logical next step. You should consider the tuck 2013, likelihood of new entrants high if: The industry sees high margins (its super profitable) There is unmet demand (more customers then suppliers) There are no major barriers to entry (does not take much to start competing) There is future growth potential (such as mobile apps)

Much of this is common sense – if you see a market opportunity that no one is competing in yet, don’t expect that you will be alone for long. Sourcing is simply the process of procuring goods and services from suppliers that are required for your company to make its products or deliver its service. Some things to malayalam, consider when choosing and managing your suppliers: Cost: This is an tuck application essays obvious one – the lower the price, the higher your profit margins will be. Payment terms: The longer you have to pay your suppliers, the more working capital you have on hand.

Reliability: You must consider how reliable your suppliers are and what would happen to your ability to operate if they cannot deliver. Scalability: As your business expands, will your suppliers be able to meet your needs? Fulfillment is simply the process of how your company delivers its products/services, from point of sale to delivery. There are several popular fulfillment options: Engineer to order: the product is malayalam christian designed and built to tuck essays 2013, customer specifications (e.g.; large construction projects) Build to malayalam christian essays, order: the product’s design is standardized but manufacture of tuck application 2013 final product is based off of customer specifications (e.g.; aircraft and yachts) Assemble to malayalam, order: the tuck 2013, product is assembled to the customer’s specifications using pre-fabricated components (e.g.; Chipotles burritos, Dell computers) Make to stock: the product is manufactured in quantity based on expected sales of the product (e.g.; retailers) If you are going to be selling physical products and expect to essay, hold inventory, then you should pay very close attention to how you forecast the amount of application 2013 inventory you need to meet your projected sales. Malayalam Christian Essays? Too little inventory and you may not be able to tuck application essays, meet demand. Too much inventory and you tie up all of fellowships dartmouth college your cash on excess inventory. Some key points: Have accurate sales forecasts.

Use historical sales data if you have it, and make sure you account for seasonality. Have accurate inventory tracking. Use bar code scanning or equivalent to essays 2013, ensure there are no data entry errors. Utilize inventory management software. QuickBooks, Sage, and a plethora of other vendors provide a cloud-based solution for you to essay format spm, manage and maximize your inventory levels. Technology in today’s business environment is tuck application essays becoming more and more important and serves as a source of competitive advantage. Take Wal-Mart or FedEx as two examples of companies that provide services (low-cost products and shipping), but utilize technology as a critical means of delivering those services. Wal-Mart uses a sophisticated supply chain management IT system to fellowships dartmouth college, ensure its low prices.

FedEx uses technology to optimize delivery routes and times, which enables it to ship to practically every corner of the globe, seamlessly and with very low error rates. Think about how technology plays a part in your business and application essays if it is critical to your business operations. If technology is critical to your business operations, then you must think about your disaster preparedness and contingency planning . Depending on your business, you may want to create back-up copies of data and christian software, routine security checks, and securing physical assets. What would happen if you lost access to the technology? Think about alternatives that you could utilize. For example, if you license a piece of tuck application essays software and essays later down the application essays 2013, road decide that the cost is too high, is there a competitor who can license you an alternative?

If you have exclusive rights to a technology, either through a patent or through an exclusive license agreement, this is a great competitive advantage and essay format spm one that you will want to describe in tuck essays, detail. There are two types of fellowships dartmouth intellectual property that may be applicable to a business: industrial property (such as patents and trademarks), and copyright (such as novels and movies). If you have intellectual property that you want to protect, it is advisable that you seek the professional advice of a good Patent/IP Attorney , since this is a great way to provide a barrier to entry for your business. Intellectual property type 1: Industry property. These include inventions (patents), trademarks and industrial designs (trade secrets, trade dress). If you have any proprietary process or technology then it is recommended that you apply for a patent to tuck 2013, protect your invention. You should apply for a trademark for your company name and logo as well. Intellectual property type 2: copyright. These include literary and artistic works such as novels, poems and plays, films, musical works, artistic works such as drawings, paintings, photographs and sculptures, and architectural designs.

In 2011, counterfeit copyrighted and college trademarked goods were a $600 billion dollar industry worldwide. Enforcing your intellectual property may be feasible from a legal point of view, but many times is not practical in essays 2013, practice. For example, Microsoft cannot possibly prosecute every single instance where its popular operating systems are copied and victors and vanquished essay downloaded. IP and your employees and essays contractors. It is just as important to secure your intellectual property in relation to your employees and contractors. Everyone should be required to essay letter format spm, sign an invention assignment agreement, which basically states that the company owns all works produced while contracted by the company.

In addition, you may consider handing out serialized notebooks for employees to use , so that if there is ever a conflict as to whom owns a piece of tuck application essays intellectual property, there is intern essays a physical record. If you have future products and services planned, it is a good idea to describe the product roadmap and strategy behind it . A key concept is that of product lifecycle, which describes the stages of the life of tuck application essays a product. During this phase, your product will incur heavy promotional costs as you get the word out. You may discount the price of the product to encourage new customers. During this phase, you may focus on expanding your product to new segments in the marketplace, and intern essays expand the product line (for example, with new colors or other variations).

During this phase, you are enjoying the fruits of your labor. Application Essays 2013? You may add new features to your product to letter format, stay competitive and to further differentiate your product from competitors. Marketing spend for your product starts to dissipate as sales of tuck application 2013 your product are in steady decline. After including all of this information, you’ll have completed the letter, products and services chapter. Writing the Customers and Market Analysis Chapter. The customers and market analysis chapter will give you an opportunity to describe what your customer segments are, what needs you are filling for them, and how these groups of customers are trending in terms of growth and behavior. This chapter also includes any regulatory restrictions specific to tuck 2013, your industry. Customers and Market Analysis Sections. Market Overview Market Needs Market Trends (optional) Market Growth (optional) Industry Analysis (optional) Key Customers (optional) In the market overview section you are going to calculate the total market (referred to as Total Addressable Market) for your products, and then the segment of thesis translation that market your business can capture.

Total addressable market can be thought of in several distinct levels. At the highest level is an estimate of the tuck application essays 2013, total market given 100% saturation. Another way of looking at this is what would be the total market if one company had 100% market share. Once you have the total addressable market, then you can estimate what percentage of this you can realistically capture. This, of course, is much harder to predict with accuracy. The Nature Essay? So the important thing to remember is to utilize strong sources for your assumptions.

For example, lets say you plan to open a high-end steakhouse in tuck application 2013, downtown Miami. Thesis Studies? To calculate your total addressable market, you might count how many high-end restaurants are in the downtown area and research the average annual sales for each restaurant. Then multiply the two to get the total sales for all high-end restaurants. Essays 2013? This would be your total addressable market. Using the example above, we can then drill down to the next level and determine what percentage of the saving essay, market you can realistically capture. Application Essays 2013? You might assume that you will take an equal share of the malayalam, market, thereby decreasing all other competitor’s shares in tuck application essays, the market.

Or you might offer cheaper prices, which you assume would take a larger percent of the market. Whatever your assumption, make sure it is well documented and logical. To obtain jaw-dropping product-lift you must solve a difficult and intern essays painful problem for the customer. And if there are competitors, you must solve the problem better than them, and application essays 2013 enough so that customers are willing to switch to your company. Describe what problem your product is malayalam christian solving. If you are targeting multiple customer segments, make sure you go into detail on how your product serves each customer segment.

Describe how your solution better solves customer’s pain points then your competitors. We as consumers are inherently lazy. We do not want to go through the time and essays cost of switching from one company’s product/services unless it is compelling enough, which is dependent on the switching cost. For example, there is virtually no cost to switch from intern essays Coke to Pepsi. On the other hand, there is high switching cost associated with migrating from a Mac to a PC. To overcome this problem, describe how your product either is able to tuck application essays, overcome customer’s inherent adversity towards switching products, or if your product is victors and vanquished essay able to reach new customers and application 2013 bypass switching costs altogether (in other words, instead of taking customers away from your competitors, you are creating a new market for your products). Understanding market trends at format spm, the macro level is critical for various aspects of tuck 2013 your business. A growing or shrinking market is described in more detail in saving, the market growth section. Below are some of the 2013, other factors that will affect market trends: The overall economy has a disproportionate effect on some businesses. Saving The Nature Essay? For example, dog-walking services usually see a decline in sales as households reduce spending on non-essential purchases.

Government regulations and policies can completely alter an application industry, so it is imperative that you are up to date on upcoming changes. For example, the Jobs Act of 2012 allowed for dissertation dartmouth, the first time non-accredited investors to participate in tuck application, private placement of securities. This in turn has created a new market for crowd-funding websites to emerge to connect startups with all types of investors. You may be in an industry where political conditions have an impact on intern essays the bottom line. For example, if you count the Dept. of Defense as one of your clients, then the across-the-board budget cuts (i.e.; Sequestration in the Budget Control Act of 2011) would surely have a negative effect on your business. If you build your business on top of a technology platform that will soon be replaced with a more cost affordable, powerful, and easier to use technology, then that will surely put you in a less advantageous position. Knowing technology trends is valuable in ensuring you are gaining a competitive advantage through the use of technology. Your customers may change their sensitivity to price depending on essays 2013 a variety of factors, including competition, macroeconomic conditions, and changing consumer tastes. Keeping an eye on and vanquished this trend will ensure you optimize your pricing strategy.

Market growth, mathematically, is application simply measuring the change in intern essays, market size from one time period to the next (usually in years). Tuck Essays? So if the market in letter spm, the first year was $100 million and $150 million the tuck essays 2013, second year, then the market can be said to have grown by 50%. You will find that measuring market growth using historical market size data is much easier then forecasting market growth. Utilize publically available data sources, trade publications, market research firms, and government agencies to find much of saving the nature this research. Being able to demonstrate a market is growing is obviously important – for tuck application, example, the market for Blackberry accessories is clearly a declining market. Thesis? Most investors and lenders will not want to tuck application, see a new business chase after dwindling customers. On the other hand, the market for Apple and Samsung phone accessories have seen great growth and will continue to grow as those companies continue to add new customers. Your industry is defined as the group of companies that are related to you in terms of what you sell/how you derive your revenue. Intern Essays? For example, Ford and Nissan are both in the automotive industry.

Ford and Nissan’s market (i.e.; customers) would be the tuck application, end consumers who buy their cars. You will want to describe your industry name/classification (SIC/NAICS Code), which can be found on christian essays the Dept. of Labor website. Essays 2013? Understanding your industry’s dynamics is imperative to knowing it’s profit potential and attractiveness. A popular framework for christian, conducting industry analysis is Porter’s five forces analysis, which analyzes an tuck industry’s competitiveness (and therefore attractiveness). By performing this analysis you will have a clear picture of your competitors and how your company fits within the competitive landscape. If your industry has low barriers to entry and intern essays low switching costs, then expect increased competition, as there is little standing in the way for new entrants to enter the market and application compete. If your industry is supplied by victors and vanquished very few suppliers with little alternative but to source from those suppliers, then expect downward pressure on your margins. If your industry only has a small number of buyers, or there are many alternative products to essays, choose from, then expect downward pressure on your margins.

If there are many substitute products in your industry and letter spm the switching costs between them are low, then expect substantial competition. An industry is very competitive if there are many competitors about the same size, there is little differentiation between competitor’s products, and it is mature with little growth (so the only way to grow is to take a competitor’s market share). Although your product may cater to 2013, many different sets of customers, you want to focus on a select group that will be the most likely to purchase your product/service and essay account for the lion’s share of your company’s revenue. For many businesses, you will soon realize that a large portion of your revenue comes from a small percentage of tuck application your customers. For example, Starbucks may realize their key customers are white-collar business types that purchase a cup of coffee every day, versus the student type that comes in saving, once a month. When you can name your key customers.

If you are in a business where volumes are low and prices are high, then you should be able to name your key customers individually. In this case, you should describe in detail your relationship with each of them separately. If you’ve filled out essays this chapter, congratulations. Doing market research and customer analysis is a complicated and time consuming task. Time to move on to the next chapter! Writing the Marketing and Sales Chapter. The marketing and sales chapter gives you an opportunity to translation, describe how you will manage your sales force and what sales activities they will conduct in order to close sales. Overview Positioning Pricing Promotion Distribution. In this section, summarize your marketing plan, being sure to include:

Positioning: Are you going to be the application essays, lowest cost provider or provide a differentiated product? Pricing: How will you price your products/services? Promotion: How will your market your products/services? Distribution: Where will your product/services be available? Tip: It will be easier to intern essays, write this section after you complete the tuck application 2013, subsequent sections as the malayalam christian essays, overview section summarizes key findings from the other section. Keep this section at the summary-level, as you will go into further detail in tuck application, the subsequent sections. Describe how you position your company within the competitive landscape. Will you compete on price, or will you differentiate your offering and thesis stand out from your peers? For example, Wal-Mart positions itself as the low-cost provider in an industry, while Apple designs premium products to tuck, reach the luxury end of the dissertation, market. Provide your product/service at the cheapest price point in the marketplace. There are three primary ways to achieve this:

Economies of tuck application Scale: For example, being able to turn more tables in a restaurant or produce more widgets in a factory. The more you are able to and vanquished, produce from your asset, the cheaper it becomes. It will also be harder for your competitors to enter the market since you have fixed assets and experience that requires a large investment. Low operating costs: Keeping costs down across all aspects of the business, including: Standardization: Limited customization Outsourcing: Outsourcing labor to low cost production centers Thrift: Limiting advertising and 2013 RD spend Optimized supply-chain: By lowering inventory and negotiating with suppliers, companies can substantially improve their profitability and cash flow. Making your product/service unique by the nature essay targeting a specific segment of the market is a compelling strategy, especially if: Your customers are not price sensitive The market is competitive Your are targeting a specific niche You can provide a product/service that is not easily copied. You can also achieve differentiation through branding and marketing – for example, Starbucks sells premium coffee at a premium price point, primarily through the strength of their branding and not through the application 2013, taste of their coffee. Determining the optimal price for your products/services will require you to think through several factors:

If you are going shooting for intern essays, the low cost provider strategy, then you will want to price yourself accordingly. Likewise, if you are going for tuck application, the luxury end of the market, then a higher price is often times a proxy for quality. How price sensitive are your customers? If your customers are making their purchase decision primarily based on price, then you will want to be sensitive to letter format, this. The price you set must be high enough to over your costs so you can turn a profit. There are, of course, exceptions.

For example, you might want to achieve economies of tuck scale by maximizing units sold, or you might be maximizing revenue to translation, achieve dominant market share. There may be regulatory/legal constraints on tuck application essays 2013 how much you can charge. For example, payday loan vendors are restricted in how much they can charge their customers. Looking at what your competitors charge can give you a understanding of what current customers are accustomed to dissertation fellowships college, paying and will likely be willing to pay for your products/services. There are price points that consumers are psychologically more accustomed to, such as amounts ending in .99 or .95. In this section, you move from describing your marketing plan onto 2013 how you will convey your marketing message to your intended audience. What marketing channels will you utilize to reach your target customers? Depending on your business, traditional media may be an important component of your complete marketing toolbox. These would include television, radio, billboards, flyers, etc. In today’s environment few companies can afford not to have a strong online presence.

There are a myriad of intern essays options available. Each marketing channel must be carefully measured for tuck application, effectiveness, as online marketing can quickly add up and consume a small business’s entire marketing budget. A website is a key component of christian essays your digital marketing efforts as it will be the essays 2013, destination in which your online leads will first visit. Some online marketing options include: Search engines (i.e.; Google, Bing) Directories (Yelp, Angies List) Daily deals (Groupon) Email marketing Social media (Facebook, Twitter) Word of mouth marketing is by far the most profitable and powerful marketing channel available to any business. New customers that are referred to your business are more likely to purchase and more likely to continue referring your company. There are ways to boost word of mouth marketing, especially with the advent of social media. For example, asking a satisfied customer to like your business on Yelp and Facebook will potentially reach hundreds of their contacts, all with one click. Integrating social media into your word of intern essays mouth marketing strategy is invaluable for every business.

Blogging/Becoming a subject matter expert. Having a leading voice in tuck essays 2013, your industry will help your business gain credibility from customers, suppliers, partners and competitors. You can start by participating on public forums and blogs related to your business and adapting the adage “give more to get more”. How will your products be available? On one end of the spectrum is intern essays direct marketing, whereby you sell directly to your customers. Or if you manufacture your products, you might sell through distributors, who in turn sell to retailers, who in turn sell to consumers.

Three common models: Product is stocked in mass-market distribution channels. Examples include soft drinks, magazines, etc. Product is specialized and sold through specialized channels. Examples include nautical computers and tooling/machinery. Product is tuck application 2013 only sold through an letter format exclusive channel.

Examples include luxury products such as high-end motorcycles or designer handbags. The Internet presents an unparalleled opportunity to reach customers directly, as well as working with online channel partners to tuck application 2013, reach and sell to customers. Writing the Strategy and Implementation Chapter. The strategy and implementation chapter will give you an opportunity to define the key milestones that mark meaningful progress towards your goals. It also includes sections that further elaborate on your competitors. Strategy and Implementation Sections.

Milestones SWOT Analysis (optional) Competitive Edge (optional) Strategic Alliances (optional) Milestones are the key events that demonstrate progress is being made , such as completing the and vanquished, company’s first prototype or breaking even. Application 2013? These provide a tangible way to measure the success of the business venture. Milestones are so incredibly important to a business yet are one of those things that can be easily overlooked. Why are milestones so important? Because they are a way to measure meaningful progress of a company that in effect, makes that company less risky (and therefore more valuable). A new company has an extremely high-risk profile – but as it meets tangible milestones, such as completing a prototype or breaking even, the company’s risk decreases. It becomes more apparent that the malayalam christian, venture will succeed. Investors and lenders will be looking at what milestones your company has reached in order to create a fair valuation.

Milestones might include: Assembling company team First working prototype Filing/receiving patent or other IP Securing physical location for store First paying customer Breaking even Turning a profit* *If you can demonstrate not only turning a profit, but also sustaining that profit, then that is a huge milestone. SWOT Analysis is a useful technique for understanding your company’s strengths and weaknesses , while identifying both the opportunities open to your business and the threats it faces. Strengths and Weaknesses refer to internal factors in your company, such as: Employees and staff Physical assets such as equipment and facilities Financial assets. Opportunities and tuck essays Threats refer to essay letter spm, external factors facing your company, such as: Market trends Regulatory and legal Macroeconomic conditions Competitors. Competitive edge can be bucketed into four primary areas: cost, differentiation, innovation and operational effectiveness. Are you providing a product/service at a lower cost then your competitors? This is a straightforward competitive edge that is very difficult to deliver. Providing the lowest cost may require operating on razor thin profit margins or heavy investment in fixed costs in order to achieve economies of scale.

Are you providing a product/service that your competitors are not offering or cannot offer? This is a common strategy whereby you provide differentiated value in order to better serve customers and/or reach a portion of the market that may be under-served. Are you leapfrogging your competition and tuck essays providing a notably superior or new product/service? Popularized by the book “Blue Ocean Strategy”, creating new demand in christian, an uncontested market space is a powerful business strategy. Do you provide superior time to market or customer service?

For example, your customers may be willing to pay a higher price for better customer service . Tuck 2013? Nordstrom’s is an example of a company that uses superior customer service as a competitive advantage. Forging strategic alliances is essay letter format a commonplace occurrence in tuck application, business. Chavez/eastman/marshall Dissertation Fellowships Dartmouth? There are a wide variety of alliances you might encounter, with various parties in which you do business. Even if you do not have any alliances, there may be an opportunity for a partnership in essays 2013, the future and chavez/eastman/marshall fellowships college that should be included in essays 2013, this section. You might have a supplier who has a disproportionate amount of influence and dissertation fellowships dartmouth power of your business.

Striking a partnership in this case may decrease those risk factors and provide a competitive advantage over your competitors. You might have a large portion of your revenue coming from several key customers. Tuck Application Essays 2013? Inking an exclusive agreement to lock in revenue would, for instance, give you predictable cash flow. It is not uncommon to partner with competitors under certain circumstances – for malayalam christian, example, to application, set standards for the industry or to help further adoption of a technology. For example, Sony and Panasonic partnered together to increase the adoption of Blu-ray DVDs. Aligning your brand with another company is frequently used, especially if both brands are targeting the same demographic. For example, Samsung is the official sponsor of the Olympic games and essay letter format will provide free mobile phones to all Olympic athletes. Upon completing these sections, your strategy and implementation chapter will be finished.

Writing the Financial Plan, Statements, and Sales Forecast Chapters. Writing the financial plan, financial statements, and sales forecast will be the most difficult part of your entire plan. It requires making a large number of intelligent assumptions about the size of the market you can realistically target, and the costs associated with making your product or rendering your services. These sections are the red meat of tuck essays 2013 your plan — these are the chapters that any seasoned angel investor or venture capitalist will dig into to make sure they know they’re making a solid financial investment. Chapter 7: Financial Plan and Sales Forecast Sections. Sales Forecast Personnel Plan Budget Cash Flow Assumptions Loans and christian essays Investments Starting Balances Historical Financials Key Metrics for Success. Define the price in which you will sell your products and services, the cost it will take to produce or sell the product/service, and the number of units you will sell. Be conservative when making your estimates on the number of units you will sell, ensuring you have a reasonable methodology when making your forecast. It is 2013 highly recommended that you first complete the following sections as they lay the essays, foundation for defining the sales forecast. Products/Services section: Defines what you will sell and at what price point; also seeks to define the production cost Target Market section: Defines the size of tuck your target market and what quantities you can sell.

Tip: Your sales forecast should sync with your Sales and Marketing plan. For example, if you plan on hiring several sales people nine months from the start of victors and vanquished essay your business, you should forecast an increase in sales thereafter. This is the price you will sell your products/services. Fixed price: Suitable for most sales forecast modeling Price changes over time: The price of your product/service may increase/decrease in price over time for several reasons: Keep up with inflation Keep up with increased cost of tuck essays 2013 raw materials or components Seasonal product – discount to dissertation dartmouth college, offload excess inventory Promote new product – discount upfront to encourage sales, then increase later. This is the direct cost of producing your product/service (at the unit level). Essays 2013? Otherwise known as cost of goods sold (COGS). Fixed costs: Suitable for most sales forecast modeling % of sales: A good way to the nature essay, forecast costs; as sales increase you can set the application 2013, cost as a % of sales on victors and vanquished a sliding scale.

Costs vary each month: The cost of your product/service may increase/decrease in price over time for several reasons: Economy of scale: the more units you produce, the cheaper it becomes to produce them Bargaining power: the more units you buy from your supplies, the cheaper they become Seasonality: cost of raw materials may fluctuate based on time of year. This is the expected number of units you will sell. My units are constant: Not particularly suitable as most businesses will expect to have some growth over time. Units sold changes over time: The quantity sold of tuck essays 2013 your product/service may increase over time for several reasons: Growing market share Finding new markets. Sales tax requirements vary by the nature essay country and by tuck application essays 2013 products/services sold. In the United States, there is no sales tax at the federal level; however, many states levy selective sales tax on particular goods or services. Check with your state department of taxation if you are required to essay letter format, collect sales tax. If yes, you collect the sales tax from tuck essays your customers and fellowships dartmouth then remit the tuck application essays, tax to the state each year. If the thesis, individual assumptions used for tuck 2013, each component of the sales forecast is accurate, so will the overall sales forecast. You should be able to essay format spm, explain where each number comes from, citing studies/research that validates your assumptions. The costs of hiring personnel are often the largest expense of any business.

In this section, you will enter forecasted employees and contractors you plan to hire. The number of personnel you plan to hire and at what time is essays more of an art then a science. Too much staff too soon and you’ll burn through your working capital. Too few staff and you’ll run the intern essays, risk of alienating your customers and partners when you can’t deliver. A good way to think about your personnel plan is to 2013, think about the milestones you want your business to accomplish and what personnel are required to get your business there. You can always revise your estimates, so start off with your best estimate and chavez/eastman/marshall come back to this section later. Tweak as needed so that your business model demonstrates profitability within your target time frame. The type of company you are building and 2013 the financing required also makes a big difference in your staffing plan. Chavez/eastman/marshall Fellowships Dartmouth? For example, if you are seeking venture capital that mean you are going to want to hire and tuck application essays scale quickly in order to generate large revenues. Conversely, if you are seeking debt financing, you want to operate as lean as possible and maximize profitability so you can service your loans.

Fixed amount: Suitable for chavez/eastman/marshall dissertation dartmouth college, most situations. Changes over time: You might want to define a compensation plan for sales personnel that have an annual bonus component, for example. Employee: If choosing employee you will have to consider certain employee taxes and other considerations. Contractor: If selecting contractor, ensure that you are classifying said contractor correctly. Application Essays 2013? In the United States, for example, you are legally required to essay letter spm, provide employee-type benefits in certain situations even if you classify the personnel as a contractor. If hiring employees, you will be responsible for additional costs such as (but not limited to) payroll taxes, worker’s compensation and health insurance, paid time off, training and travel expenses, vacation and sick leave, pension contributions and other benefits.

This is referred to the burden rate, which provides a truer picture of total labor costs than payroll costs alone. Burden rate only affects employees and not contractors. If unsure what to essays 2013, enter, 15% is dissertation college a fair estimate. Explain the assumptions and essays 2013 methodology used to define the personnel your business plans to retain, including how you came up with your compensation figures and burden rate. For example, you might explain that as you plan to christian essays, hire several sales people to coincide with the essays, release of a new product. Enter expenses you plan on incurring for translation studies, your business. A good way to make sure you capture majority of your business’s expenses is to think through costs associated with each functional area of your business, such as product development, marketing and tuck 2013 operations. Categorize expense into groups, such legal and administrative, rent and saving essay leases, and telecommunications. Do not include fixed asset expenses (assets whereby you derive value from for more than 12 months) such as a company van or computers. You will enter these in the next step.

Advertising Expense Amortization Expense Auto Expense Bad Debt Expense Bank Charges Cash Over and tuck application 2013 Short Commission Expense Depreciation Expense Employee Benefit Program Freight Expense Gifts Expense Insurance – General Interest Expense Professional Fees License Expense Maintenance Expense Meals and Entertainment Office Expense Payroll Taxes Printing Postage Rent Repairs Expense Salaries Expense Supplies Expense Taxes – FIT Expense Utilities Expense Gain/Loss on Sale of Assets. Enter long-term asset expenses here. Long-term assets are comprised of two types: tangible and intangible assets. Fixed assets are tangible assets that provide value for essay letter format spm, more than 12 months, such as a company van or computers. Application Essays 2013? Fixed assets are depreciated over essay, its useful lifetime.

This is an accounting method that allows the business to application, allocate the costs of the asset over its life by gradually reducing its value. Common fixed assets: Land and Buildings Motor vehicles Furniture Office equipment Fixtures and fittings Plant and machinery. Intangible assets are long-term assets that are not physical in nature. Intangible assets are amortized over its useful life. These might include: Intellectual property (items such as patents, trademarks, copyrights, business methodologies) Goodwill Brand recognition. Enter other short-term assets here, which most likely will be any prepaid expense that lasts for less than 12 months. Besides prepaid expenses, other current assets also include short-term investments and securities that are likely to turned into dissertation, cash within a year.

A prepaid expense can be described as such: A 12-month office lease is signed with the total lease amount of $12,000 being paid upfront. Classifying this as a regular expense would not be accurate because then the tuck application essays, PL Statement and Cash Flow Statement would both show the $12,000 as a one-time upfront payment on the month it which it was made. This type of expense is better described as a prepaid expense, since the use of the office is spread out over saving the nature essay, a 12-month period of time and can be considered an asset on the Balance Sheet that is expensed over time. By classifying this as a prepaid expense (or an amortized short term asset) then the PL Statement would show the $12,000 prepaid expense spread across 12 months at $1,000 each month, while the Cash Flow Statement would reflect the application essays 2013, $12,000 payment on month in which it was made. Under Assets, the Balance Sheet would then show the amount of Prepaid Lease that is remaining at the end of the accounting period. Enter an estimate for income taxes you expect to pay, which should be a summation of federal, state and local income tax. Intern Essays? Do not include other taxes such as property tax (should be entered as a separate expense) or employee-related taxes (this is tuck 2013 covered in the Personnel Section as the Burden Rate). Thesis Studies? As this is application essays 2013 only an estimate, 100% accuracy is not required (if unsure what to enter here, use 20%). Dividends and distributions (for corporations and LLCs/partnerships, respectively) are payments to the company’s shareholders/owners, taken from the company’s profit. Dividends are typically paid out at the end of the fiscal year, while distributions can be given out at the discretion of the owners.

You may want to set this to zero initially and see how the financials of your business model work out; then you can work backwards and determine how much of retained profit you want to distribute to owners/shareholders. Here you can explain any regular costs that are associated with running your business. What are the monthly or ongoing costs that you must pay to dissertation college, keep the application essays, business up and essay running? For example, this could be paying monthly utilities and tuck application essays 2013 rent expenses for intern essays, your office space, insurance, or any marketing or advertising costs. For a start-up, remember that there are always up-front costs or one-time costs associated with getting things started, so be aware of any of these expenses and include them in your budget. Accounts receivable is defined as sales that the application essays 2013, company has made but has yet to collect the thesis, money from the purchaser. Most companies operate by allowing some portion of application essays 2013 their sales to be on victors and vanquished essay credit.

These types of sales are usually made to frequent or special customers who are invoiced periodically, and allow them to avoid the hassle of physically making payments as each transaction occurs. Tuck Essays? You want your accounts receivable to be as low as possible to increase your cash flow. Defining what percentage of your sales will be on letter format spm credit. You want this percentage to be as low as possible, while keeping in mind that for essays 2013, some businesses it is preferential to provide some credit to your best customers. Defining how long it will take to collect payment. Of the thesis translation studies, customers that you provide credit to, you need to define when they are to pay you back. The faster, the better your cash flow will look like.

It is typical to provide net-30, which is 30 days. Accounts payable is defined as short-term debt owed to tuck application, suppliers and banks. It is to essay, your advantage to negotiate longer payment terms with your suppliers, as it will improve your cash flow. Tuck? When looking at accounts receivable (what is owed to you) and accounts payable (what you owe), the key thing to intern essays, remember is that you want to be paid as soon as possible, and you want to pay others as late as possible (cash on hand is king). Defining what percentage of your purchases will be on credit. You want this percentage to be as high as possible, as that will improve your cash flow. However, ensure you are able to pay your vendors on the purchases made on essays credit. Defining how long it will take to collect incoming payments.

How many days will it take, on average, to collect incoming payments? Select the typical number of days between when you make a credit sale and when the payment arrives. Saving? Keep in application essays, mind that shortening this period can vastly improve your cash flow. If your business will sell physical products and you plan on keeping inventory on intern essays hand, then you need to define how many months of tuck application essays 2013 inventory you wish to keep on hand. The more months of inventory you hold on hand, the college, more cash is tied up in inventory. This will affect your cash flow. How much inventory should you carry? The ideal amount varies from industry to industry, and business to business.

A good place to find more information is trade associations for your industry. In order to application essays 2013, improve your company’s inventory management, you will need to malayalam, start by collecting good records on tuck your inventory. Using inventory turnover rate as an victors indicator. Inventory Turnover Rate = Costs of tuck 2013 Goods Sold (COGS) / average cost of inventory on intern essays hand. A low inventory turnover rate means that you may have too much inventory on hand. Understanding and managing cash flow is tuck application essays 2013 very important to any business. The time period for credit sales and payments may depend on your suppliers or your industry. Paying and intern essays getting paid later rather than earlier can entirely change your cash flow projections. You can utilize this section to explain any assumptions about tuck application cash flow, including details on the nature essay the time period in which you will make and receive payments. How did you come to these assumptions and how will it affect your business? When taking out tuck essays 2013 a loan, you borrow an essay format amount of tuck application essays money (principal) from a lender, and are obligated to pay back at and vanquished, a later time (usually in installments).

You will typically pay interest on the loan. If you are seeking a loan then enter the amount, as you want to forecast the tuck essays, financials assuming you have secured the loan. Personal vs Commercial Loans. For many small businesses, taking out essays a personal loan to finance growth is application commonplace. These might include credit cards, home equity line of credit (HELOC), and installment loans. If you have an existing small business, commercial loans can be obtained, which are based on a variety of factors. Secured vs Unsecured Loans. A secured loan is a loan in which you pledge some asset (equipment, property, etc.) as collateral.

Unsecured loans (credit cards, personal loans) are not secured against a borrower’s assets. The Nature Essay? Interest rates will be higher for tuck application, unsecured loans versus secured loans, for obvious reasons. If you have a pre-existing loan, then you can specify those details in the Starting Balances section. A line of credit is similar to a loan with the difference being that interest is not charged on the part of the line of credit that is unused, and the nature essay the borrower can draw on the line of credit at any time that he or she needs to. If you are seeking a line of tuck essays credit then enter the amount, as you want to forecast the financials assuming you have secured the line of credit. The line of credit may be classified as a demand loan, which means that any outstanding balance will have to intern essays, be paid immediately at the financial institution’s request.

Investments include injections of cash into tuck 2013, the business from fellowships you, other shareholders or owners, or investors. This typically refers to equity investments where investors contribute cash to the business in exchange for equity (ownership). In this section, you can describe how your business will be funded. If you are a startup, it is likely that the money you make from sales will not cover all your business expenses so you may need additional sources of funding, such as taking out a loan, receiving investors’ capital, credit lines, or other ways of borrowing money. What type of funding will you acquire? At what point in your plan are you expecting these funds? For existing businesses only. The starting balances will be used to adjust the balance sheet to tuck application essays 2013, take into fellowships, account your company’s financial history. Important: all starting balances should be entered as they are at the start of your plan. Enter starting balances for assets: Cash Accounts Receivable Inventory Other current assets Long term assets Accumulated depreciation.

Enter starting balances for liabilities: Enter starting balance for Capital and application 2013 Earnings: Enter your Recent Sales: One month before start date Two months before start date Three months before start date Four months before start date Five months before start date Six months before start date. If you are an existing business, you can enter past financial data here. This is optional and will be used to calculate historical financial ratios in the Financial Statements section.

For each year of intern essays your company history , include: $ Sales $ Gross profit $ Income from operations $ Net profit $ Current assets $ Current liabilities $ Inventory $ Total assets $ Total liabilities $ Total owner equity. Every business model has several key metrics that management can use to see if the business is 2013 healthy. Christian Essays? For example, a restaurant might use the 2013, number of tables it can turn per essay letter spm, night and the average revenue per dinner. Think about tuck what levers make the most impact to chavez/eastman/marshall fellowships dartmouth college, your business. Application 2013? You will want to intern essays, continuously track and monitor these metrics to ensure your business model is 2013 working. Chapter 8: Financial Statements Sections. Profit and essay Loss Statements Balance Sheet Cash Flow Statement Financial Ratios. The Profit Loss (i.e.; income statement) shows your revenue, expenses, and profit. Tuck Application 2013? It is the fellowships college, most common of the three reports as it provides a view into tuck application essays 2013, the company’s projected “bottom line”. The statement here is a read-only display, calculated automatically from the translation, information you entered in the Sales Forecast, Budget, and Personnel Plan sections. Tuck Application Essays 2013? If you wish to edit or change any information, you may do so by going back to those sections.

The statement here will update automatically. The balance sheet gives a snapshot of malayalam christian essays your company’s financial position at a given point in time, usually the last day of a fiscal period. It is called a balance sheet because assets (what you own) will always equal the essays 2013, sum of your liabilities (what you owe) and stockholder’s equity (your investments from stockholders plus money that your business earned that is put back into running your business). The balance sheet here is a read-only display. If you wish to change the balance sheet, you can do so by going back to chavez/eastman/marshall dartmouth, the builder in tuck, the Financial Plan section. If you are an existing business, you have the option of adding starting balances under the Financial Plan section. The cash flow statement displays the cash inflows and chavez/eastman/marshall dissertation college outflows from your operating, investing and financing activities. Tuck 2013? Rather than providing an overview like the balance sheet, the cash flow statement will measure the change in cash during a period. In other words, how much money did you start and end up with? The statement here is a read-only display.

You can go back to edit the sections in the Financial Plan section in essay letter, order to essays 2013, change the accounts affected in the cash flow statement. The Financial Ratios section gives a general overview of the health of your business. And Vanquished? The report here is a read-only display. If you wish to change any of the information, you may do so by editing the relevant financial information you’ve entered previously. The ratios here will update automatically. The Liquidity Analysis shows how solvent your company is, or how easily convertible to cash is the tuck application essays 2013, company in case.

This is important in determining the ability of the business to meet its obligations, or paying off what it owes in debt. Saving Essay? The Profitability Analysis shows the overall performance of the company in essays, its ability to make a profit. Malayalam Christian Essays? The ratios show how much of sales revenue is actual profit after taking costs and expenses into tuck application, account. The Debt Ratio shows how much of the business’s assets are financed by debt and how much of the business’s assets are financed by stockholders’ equity. The Investment Measures show ROI (Return on Investment) which is the percentage of the return (net profit) of the business divided by the cost of the investment.

The most common method of calculating ROI is to divide net profit by total assets. Finishing these chapters represents a massive achievement in completing your business plan. It is by far the most difficult chapter, as it requires doing somewhat complicated math to generate accurate financial statements. In all likelihood, you will need to victors essay, hire an expert or accountant to help you create an tuck application 2013 accurate and detailed plan that adheres to realistic outcomes. To finish it off, you’ll need to write an appendix and chavez/eastman/marshall dartmouth college a glossary of terms. Your appendix will be a more detailed version of the application essays, financial statements detailed in letter format, this chapter, and your glossary of terms will simply define the terms of your business that an investor may not understand. Upon including those chapters, your plan will be complete. Feeling inspired to start a business, but don’t know how to write a plan? We have a sample database of plans that you can look through to learn the different chapters and sections necessary to attract equity investments and loans. Although our examples are specific to each industry, keep in mind that every plan will be unique depending on your location, your customer base, and your own vision, so these will only serve as a starting point for you and your dream.

Click the images to view our full business examples. 4. Tuck Application Essays? The Pros and Cons of Downloading a Business Plan Template. 1. Malayalam? Write with confidence — you won’t be forgetting any important information. Using this free template can help you write your own plan, without the tuck application essays, hassle of figuring out how to chavez/eastman/marshall fellowships college, order your chapters, or the worry of feeling like you might be missing a section. We provide the entire bare bones skeleton of a business plan within this Microsoft Word .doc download.

After you download it, it’s up to tuck application essays 2013, you to flesh out the translation, details and ensure that each section is as well researched and intelligently conceived as possible. 2. Step-by-step writing guide and 2013 writing samples included. Our plans come with a complete how-to guide with examples from our professional business plan samples to help steer you through your writing. 3. Completely free – no hidden costs, just download and start writing. This plan is completely free. You may encounter other people or websites on the Internet charging a price to download the guide. Do not purchase them – there is no benefit at all to purchasing a pre-fabricated plan. None of the information will be relevant to your company, and you’ll be gaining nothing but the order and structure of the plan – something that you could easily research and re-create on your own. Sound good?

Keep in essay, mind that while this guide may give you a better idea of how a it should be structured, that represents only about 5% of the tuck application essays 2013, heavy lifting of writing an actual the complete document. Don’t forget that every plan needs well structured elevator pitch. 1. You’ll have to do complicated business planning math and calculations yourself — or pay an expensive rate for someone else to do them. You’re going to have to do the financial calculations, plans, and christian essays forecasts that a plan should offer to attract investment — all by yourself. 2013? Creating these sections requires years of victors essay training, math skills, market knowledge, and investment savvy. This requirement is beyond the scope of most peoples’ abilities, which is tuck application 2013 why entrepreneurs turn to thesis, professional writers and accountants to do the heavy lifting for them. Keep in mind: You may have a brilliant idea, but until you’ve subjected your product/service to meticulous research, and calculated your potential market as conservatively as possible, your business idea will be nothing but empty words and tuck 2013 blather to a seasoned investor. 2. Intern Essays? You’ll need to manually create visual graphs and charts to make the calculations easily understandable.

You’ll need to take the numbers you calculated and create attractive graphs, charts, and tables for your plan. Making your data attractive and easy to essays, comprehend is no easy task. Professional planning software can not only do the victors and vanquished, calculations for you, but will also turn them into relevant graphs, charts, and tables presented in the appropriate order, according to how equity investors and bank loan officers expect to application, see them. 3. A basic template won’t allow you to track your business’ progress. You won’t be able to keep your company’s information up to date easily. One of the major benefits of thesis translation studies using software is that you can continually update your numbers based on your real expenses and earnings, allowing you to application essays 2013, track the progress of saving the nature essay your business easily and tuck application essays 2013 without a major hassle. Nonetheless, we encourage you to download this document and get started with writing out your product/service concepts and thesis translation marketing plan. If or when you encounter the application essays, financial sections, we’ll be looking forward to helping your progress through the and vanquished essay, major obstacles of writing a successful strategy that will help you get funding for your ideas. Crafted by licensed attorneys Updated regularly Applicable to all 50 states. Create your free. Business Plan Template document in only 5-10 minutes!

Copyright 2017 Legal Templates LLC. Legal Templates LLC is essays not a lawyer, or a law firm and essay letter format does not engage in the practice of law. Legal Templates cannot and does not provide legal advice or legal representation. All information, software and essays services provided on the site are for informational purposes and self-help only and saving the nature essay are not intended to be a substitute for tuck application 2013, a lawyer or professional legal advice. Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. Preview Document - Business Plan Template.

Make an investment-worthy business plan easily with our free template.